The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rant!

shaky

Just coming home from a quick spin out when an Audi TT is coming from the opposite direction cuts right into my path causing me to swerve out of a full head on impact. The resulting damage of this is my driver's side wing mirror was completely smashed of with the lense going into the door creating a dent with scratches around it and also my driver's side window has deep scrapes from where the lense of the mirror has gone into it - I had to quickly turn around and chase after him! His attitude was absolutely foul, his wife said ''It wasn't dangerous driving, it was a momentarily lapse of concentration!!!!!!!" All he could rant on about was that the insurance comapnies would deal with it, he also did not recognise what damage he could have done if i had not swerved. Needless to say i have reported him for dangerous driving which will be my word against his. Im wondering if i should contact my insurance company? Or what experience people have had in similar circumstances please?

It would be much appreciated if anyone has got a driver's side electric folding wing mirror for sale??????

Also does anybody know whether or not 'Dent Masters' are any good as i do not want to have to respray my car???

The previous owner who was 'Benzsupra' also had this damage done to his driver's side wing mirror so this has occurred twice now. :cry:

If i had not swerved out of the way it would have been a head on crash,i was going about 55mph he was at about 60,he did not care about the crash or his car,police are out to talk to me about it as he could have killed all 4 of us.

He will try and get out of it i'm sure :(

Sorry to see this mate, good luck with the insurance company.

Do all you can to make sure he doesn't!

A head on collision at roughly 115 mph would of been fatal! Imagine if you went head on into a brick wall at 57½mph.

This is a common misconception. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Two cars having a head on at 50mph, is an impact force of 50mph, not 100mph.

Bummer. Ditto other's well wishes. What is it with so many Audi and BMW drivers anyway? The same thing has happened to me, (without incident thankfully), a few times in the same place and a BMW every time, overtaking on a blind bend.

Without good brakes it would just be head on, like you say. They always seem to give the impression that they didn't even see you as well and didn't brake as hard and swerve as much. Just pure arrogance like they're invincible and quite used to doing it to people too. Maybe it's a deathwish? People do have them subconsciously. Look at smokers for Christ's sake. :taped:

They must get some sort of false sense of security from the cars handling well also. They'll get caught out one day though, when they do it to someone who doesn't have your reflexes or a Supra. ;)

It's just a reminder to drive extremely defensively and always prepare for what might happen if some complete idiot does the worst possible thing at the worst possible time. Slow and cautious in built-up areas with your foot ready to stomp on the brake at any moment, especially passing long lines of parked cars. I hate that and slow down more than any other time.

If you've informed the police that the passanger was saying a lapse in concentration then I would hope they would take the phone off him to be checked. I know it's hard to think about telling the insurance people, especially with prices going through the roof but it really is the best option. :(

Get an incar camera. If you are worried about happening again. Nothing like video to get someone in the s**t.

incar camera...that's what i said to the wife after the bang,''i wish now i'd had one,she is out side now loking to see if i have gone up the curb trying to get out the way,there is mud on the 2 tyres,my lad phoned the police,but they said they only come out if we are hurt.

He wanted to go home fast that's for sure.