The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Decent Exhaust

Clarkey

Hi all,

I've got a stock car & now I want a decent exhaust system. A nice throaty rumbly noise will do.

Don't want the HKS S.Dragger - I've read they suffer from corrosion after awhile.

Perhaps the RSR or the Blitz Nurspec maybe ?

What's your opinions on these ? Any others that are decent ? Good / Bad. What about nasty speed bumps ? Which suffers the most ?

Can I expect any performance increase with just a replacement exhaust ? (Not interested in De-Catting - just the exhaust)

Cheers!

Christian.

Hi Christian

I've got an RSR and I'm very happy with it. The ground clearance is virtually the same as the stock exhaust, it's just slightly lower at the rear.

It sounds really good :) nice and loud under acceleration, a pleasing burble when idling or cruising slowly, and not boomy at (semi legal) motorway speeds.

I was torn between the Blitz NUR spec and the RSR but (living in roadhump city :D) the far better ground clearance clinched it.

I've not noticed any performance gains by my tried and tested seat of the pants method, :) maybe if you stuck it on a dyno you'd see a difference, but the cats are by far the most restrictive component in the exhaust system so, in theory anyway, anything fitted after them really shouldn't make a lot of difference.

Give Paul E a call, he'll sort you out OK.