The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No excuses to be driving with horrible Yellow headlights

DodgyRog

I did this in half an hour today

Saw someone post up they had used tooth paste, so thought I would give it a go out of interest

I am really suprised at the ease that tooth paste takes it off, I didn't even use a polisher, just a bit of elbow grease and some Aquafresh (just what was in the bathroom) and half an hour later one headlight done

Its surprising how much crap can be removed just with an abrasive on the outside without splitting them. Bet they smell minty fresh to :)

I was just really surprised how easy it was with tooth paste, I used Autosol when I had J-Specs on my other Supra and from memory it took longer and a lot more effort

Just noticed the number plate is almost MINT lol

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

il drop you a pm rog, the chroming of the inserts didnt work because your lights had been rubbed down then painted, so nothing conductive anymore to plate

Okay no worries, it was worth a try, I guess I will be going back to the original plan and testing a few different paint finishes,

well when I finish sorting this Supe out anyway