The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra NA 0to60 5.5 SECONDS?

Noz

Hey guys i read a SZ-R review and some of you may have seen it before but I was just curious to how this guy reckons he's doing super speeds on a stock NA?

he's bought a SZR and plans to change the engine for a TT but reckons it will ditch evo's?

he reckons its 290BHP but then goes on to say he's going to have the TwinTurbo conversion DONE, as if its not already in there? im confused . . . :blink:

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/toyota/supra/r127894/

Do you notice the "about" before the 0-60 claim?

There are a few members like this on the forum bud. They wish to live with their head in the clouds. If the guy does do a TT conversion he will then claim 500hp and 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, ditching the fastest of supercars in it's wake.

Either that or he has got his hands on some very nice green.

I have an n/a i was running with the open diff and i always had trouble of the line but it still managed to get its self moving ive now switch to the torsen diff is it the a01b maybe?? and i would say its an essential!!!! to moving these cars off, no wheel spin now and ive dropped 30 mm width on the rear tyres too i feel this is the n/a`s weak point the open diff

I have an n/a i was running with the open diff and i always had trouble of the line but it still managed to get its self moving ive now switch to the torsen diff is it the a01b maybe?? and i would say its an essential!!!! to moving these cars off, no wheel spin now and ive dropped 30 mm width on the rear tyres too i feel this is the n/a`s weak point the open diff

Pretty sure the weak point is a lack of turbo's :D

Pretty sure the weak point is a lack of turbo's :D

haha very clever yeah it doesnt do to bad for a big car in all fairness though, but even im strapping a turbo on mine now... it is true what people say everybody just expects the supra to be a turbo car

haha very clever yeah it doesnt do to bad for a big car in all fairness though, but even im strapping a turbo on mine now... it is true what people say everybody just expects the supra to be a turbo car

I couldnt resist sorry :)

Its the same when you look back at a stock tt from going full bpu, i find it hard to believe i thought a stock tt was quick as now it feels slow, it's the same when you go from bpu to a decent single, i drove one with approx 650 and it felt insane compared to a bpu, god knows how mad 800 + is :D

I remember someone posted up on here a thread from some guy on the Astra or Vauxhall owners club. He managed superb performance by taking his back seats out.....

Aren't you thinking of the plank who put his back seat DOWN, rather than removed it? And claimed it made the car weigh less? The rationale was, you lie flat on quicksand and don't sink, ergo you weigh less, so if you lie the back seat down it'll weight less, car goes faster. His arse-dyno apparently PROVED the results, oh yes.

Sounds like the kind of idiot who thinks the plane wouldn't take off ;)

i have a mate who just bought an st185 and claims BHP with no dyno, dont understand why people do it. i have a cat back 2.5" exhaust and panel filter and have never claimed anything but the standard bhp which always decreases after time anyway? i have a mate with an MX5 who changed his HT leads, upgraded spark plugs, and MOTORWORLD air filter claimed extra bhp once he got it dyno'ed it was MUCH LESS than stock lol classic!!!