The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice please

Supra ST Myster

My car parked up on the road, and as i go out to the car a fire engine goes by me and my car alarm goes off, as i get closer a women is standing by it and yep she has reversed into my car to let the fire engine go by!! she has cracked my bomex bumper and aslo pushed the wing back a bit as the door catches on it as you try and open it, i have all her details and insurance ect and she seems genuin ect as she rang me up about 10mins after to give me her policy number, so...

what do i do now? do i need to ring my insurance company or what? also i havnt told my insurance company about the bomex so what happens there? does my insurance need to know about this accident to fix my car or does it just go through hers??

As far as I know you legally have to report any accident regardless of fault to your insurers.

If she seems genuine enough then you could just get a quote for repair and ask her to pay it but if it's too much she may refuse and then you will have to involve your insurance anyway...

What's your insurance companies policy with regards to mods? Do they replace with stock parts only? If so you may be okay with them not knowing about the bomex...:thumbs:

Cheers

Originally posted by supra TT myster

im with admiral so not sure really how they are?? anyone know?

does it matter that i havnt told them if the other insurance company is paying for it? will they come and see it? how will they know?

I was with Admiral last year. They do only replace with stock parts so you will prob be okay. I would just keep it quiet if you can. I doubt her insurers will creat a fuss and come out to look, just take it to a friendly grarage if you can so you get a new Bomex put on it.

Originally posted by supra TT myster

im with admiral so not sure really how they are?? anyone know?

does it matter that i havnt told them if the other insurance company is paying for it? will they come and see it? how will they know?

they do insure aftermarket bumpers but really you should have told them. i know its no help now but they charge next to nothing to add a bodykit onto your existing policy. gutted for you mate:(

If you go through insurance.. her company may send out an assessor to inspect the damage etc. Cos they'll end up paying for it as it was their drivers fault.

I assume they'll only replace stock bits because you havent declared that they're (bomex bits) actually on your car. :conf:

to be honest i wasnt really bothered about the bomex as i was going to put a standard one on as it was knackered with stone chips and the bottem of it cracked ect.., but its just the bloody wing that is pushed back a bit and the door catches thats annoying!! didnt even realise there was a problem with that until i went to open it as it looks fine!!

oh well, see what happens, be nice though if i do get a new bomex!!

Originally posted by Bobbeh

If you go through insurance.. her company may send out an assessor to inspect the damage etc. Cos they'll end up paying for it as it was their drivers fault.

I assume they'll only replace stock bits because you havent declared that they're (bomex bits) actually on your car. :conf:

but if you get dude to do it he could replace the bomex rather than toyota bumper. try pm'ing dude and see what he can do for you

cheers mate

spoke to my insurance and said to get it to there recommended garage which is about a 80mile round trip and thats the closest for a quote and that i will a have to pay the 350quid excess and claim it back then got a call from her insurance company and said they will deal with it and i will get a courtesy car ect,, and there garage is about 10miles away with no excess to pay so that sounds good!!

so if they try for a new bomex could her insurance company if they dont likt the sound of the price to fix contact my insurance company and ask if i have declered my bomex and then put a stock one back??

i really dont mind having a new toyota front anyway and keeping the bomex as its not that bad and fixing myself?