The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sussex meets

bullet_uk

Hi all iv'e noticed there's a few people on here from the sussex area but yet there is never any meets in sussex.

iv'e been speaking with bradleyh_15 and we both feel that this is something that need to change what's everyone's thoughts on it and any ideas where we could meet and possibly make it a regular thing???

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to have reasonably regular meets, but the venue we used (Stanmer Park Brighton) put up barriers so we couldn't park up, after that things just sort of faded out, with just the odd small one here and there.

Beachy Head is always a nice venue, or Eastborne or Newhaven maybe.

mind you I'll be turning up in a Skyline these days:eyebrows:

ok well ill try and think of some decent placeing to meet if anyone has any ideas let us no and we can try and get one sorted, and tricky rickey why did you go from a tiger (supe) to a pussy cat (skyline) just messing it would be cool for anyone to come as long as its no chav in a saxso

Something is trying to be arrange, where we can meet park up and not be asked to move on.

Details will be up soon hopefully.

I did try to arrange a monthly meet in Storrington W.Sussex last year as my father in law owns an itallian resturant and there is plenty of parking there and it's somewhere to get something to eat or drink. Ideas?

Something is trying to be arrange, where we can meet park up and not be asked to move on.

Details will be up soon hopefully.

I did try to arrange a monthly meet in Storrington W.Sussex last year as my father in law owns an itallian resturant and there is plenty of parking there and it's somewhere to get something to eat or drink. Ideas?

It was a good idea and we had interest then people just dropped out until it was just me and you left! :(

I would be up for it and I'll get searching for a good meeting place to! Have a good one today guys if you do go to fairmile! Make sure you take a lot of pics to! :)

After seeing how things have gone in the past when it comes to regular meets, i think the main consideration is distance, and cost of fuel in todays climate, people don't want to keep throwing in anything from 30 to 80 quid in the tank, to attend a meet that is a fair old drive only to find that two or three people turn up, i know i don't.

So my suggestion would be, if we are going to organize a Sussex meet on a regular basis, would be to have alternate East Sussex, West Sussex meets, that way it gives the people who are at the extreme ends of the region to at least make a meet every other month, if they either feel its too far or costly to attend each one.

I totally agree with you Tricky maybe we could find a couple of places and alternate them monthly, that way people who want to and can make each meet will just turn up.

Maybe get a list going a fortnight before each meet and that way noone has a wasted journey if nobody else turns up.

This sounds like it is coming together. My folks live up the road from pub called the Three Crowns in ashurst wood just outside east grinstead, its pretty easy to get to, has a decent size car park which is one long line so we could park in a row, with no pot holes! And the owner said he doesnt mind as long as we buy a drink, he said if we wanted a cavery roast on a sunday (is £8.50 and flipping lovely) then he would reserve our spaces for us! It would be great to get the sussex supras together.

Edited by Supra Gaz (see edit history)

I've popped into the wingspan social (british airways)club in Crawley today.This is located behind halfords on the county oak estate (rh10 9xa)about a mile from AFR'?S old location

They are more than happy to have us there on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening.They have a retro ford meet once a month on the 3rd Wednesday that I've been to and its a great location with plenty of parking.

Theres a full bar and food available to.We can use the site on any day other than the ford night

just an option to throw into the pot

hth simon

I've popped into the wingspan social (british airways)club in Crawley today.This is located behind halfords on the county oak estate (rh10 9xa)about a mile from AFR'?S old location

They are more than happy to have us there on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening.They have a retro ford meet once a month on the 3rd Wednesday that I've been to and its a great location with plenty of parking.

Theres a full bar and food available to.We can use the site on any day other than the ford night

just an option to throw into the pot

hth simon

That's sounds a good spot Simon

This sounds like it is coming together. My folks live up the road from pub called the Three Crowns in ashurst wood just outside east grinstead, its pretty easy to get to, has a decent size car park which is one long line so we could park in a row, with no pot holes! And the owner said he doesnt mind as long as we buy a drink, he said if we wanted a cavery roast on a sunday (is £8.50 and flipping lovely) then he would reserve our spaces for us! It would be great to get the sussex supras together.

sounds Gr8 mate and loveing the idea of a carvery think you should deferentially arrange something

This is just what i was thinking, sussex does need a monthly meet, id be really interested if it does come about.

Im always on the look out for other supra owners on the road but never seem to see or find anyone.

count me in.