The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust has broken off!!

Stewart10

Whilst checking my LED reverse bulbs were working earlier with the engine turned off I decided probably better to de-ice the car with the engine on..... without remembered the was of course in reverse when I started it!!!! Went back into a very low wall and distressed the paintwork on the bumper but worse is the exhaust is now all but off and hanging down from about midway backwards

It is now going to have to stay where it is overnight as it is too dark to do anything or see what is damaged. I'm hoping that it is just the brackets that have come away and lost it's support of the exhaust but I can't get underneath to see what has happened. What do I do?? [sAD][/sAD]

Ps the LED bulbs were working

The stock exhaust has 2 short bars coming off each side of it (one off each pipe) and my Nur Spec R has one long bar coming off the passenger side of it. I doubt these would have come away from the rubber or hanger on the car as they were a b!tch to get on and off.

My guess would be that you've bent the pipe. Sorry to hear that :(

What sort of exhaust do you have on it? If it's a older mild steel one I wouldn't be suprised if it's snapped/bent at a rusty joint. If you're able just jack it up and tell us what you see.

Very generous offer of you Brendan :thumbs:

just had a look and its bent on the bend and split on one of the hangers.Stewart is getting it recoverd to mine in the morning now so we can cut it open and straighten it out before welding it back up.

Very good of you :thumbs: