The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Importing Supra from US

seba

Maybe someone can help with some information about importing a car to the UK from US.

I have all the data and prices about how to import one to Belgium but i was wondering if maybe it would be cheaper and especially faster to import one to UK and then bring it to Belgium.

What taxes do you have to pay when importing a car to UK and how much does it cost to register it. And how long does this procedure take? So many supras are imported from Japan to UK so i think you guys know more about this and it shouldn't be much difference when importing from US.

As here in Belgium when you import a car from outside the EU the paperwork takes aproximately 9-12 months. In contrary to importing a car from UK wich only takes about 6 weeks for the paperwork(still long enough)

Thx

thx for the link but i have seen this car for sale about a week ago on gumtree i think? Sent the guy an email and got this typical ripoff mail back :

Sorry that I have given no response. I'm in hospital in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. I had surgery, my right leg amputated.

First of all I want to tell you that I am not selling this car for profit or due a lack of money. All I can say is that some recent events in my life made me change my perception of certain things, things that I’ve considered important in the past. I will donate 50% to charity after I sell this car.

The car is in an excellent condition, no dents or scratches, it was always garaged and regular maintenance and oil changes were done in time. Hasn’t been involved in an accident or flood damage. The motor runs very well. I don’t want to offend you but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply.

The transaction will be made through Trans International Company for the safety of both.

If you want to buy the car, and you agree with my terms please reply so I can explain you how Trans International Company works.

Waiting for your reply.

Cheers

Original LHD

His leg amputated?? 50% goes to charity ?? ...sure :D

So i'm not too keen on mailing again for this car even if it is a "different" seller.

But still thx for the link :thumbs: