The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone have any advice on removing blended in side skirts?

hoff

I'm finally removing my Veilside skirts. I would have done it years ago but the fact that they were blended in put me off.

I know that the paint on the wings and rear quarters will be damaged and tidying up and new paint blowing in. However, I was wondering if there is any one way to remove the skirts which would be better as not to cause too much damage?

I won't be putting any new skirts on as I am going for the stock, no skirt look.

Thanks.

Edited by hoff (see edit history)

Damage is unavoidable mate, if your keeping the skirts then i would cut along where there blended and try and remove carefully but it'll be a mission so i would just break them off best i could and then sand all the old filler out and the panels should be good to go then with new paint, i have 13 years experience as a panel beater and theres not much else you could do really to minimize the rework your gunna need both sides painting however you approach it.