The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey , XS POWER?

welshbuddy

Hey!! =]

i mentioned not so long ago about the na-NA-t,

Found a few kits, as in whifbitz, and XS-power,

Quite a big difference in Price, ( i know you get what u pay for)

But....has any body been or bought anything from xs power,

+ i want to just get my car about 400bhp. from the NA.

XS power is located in wales, so thats good for me , cheeers daz =]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my xs power track car has been constantly thrashed for a few years now and apart from the poor quality oil lines theye have ben no problems , it all depends what xs power you buy, there is the us spec stuff made by a guy called by make or the chinese spec stuff that is a poorer quality steel and un braced , this is the stuff that gave the xs a bad name

i know supras aint cheap to run ;), mines thirsty lol! and to modify i know its costly, some parts you can get cheap though, but the main parts, i dont mind it being costly, if you get what i mean??

i know some people (met on supra runs) that have paid like 2-3k for the conversion, NA----NA-T!...

But im not sure which turbo kits, turbos, coolers etc etc, they got or were they had it fitted, :( wish i did lol

Buy cheap, buy twice/thrice/whatever the 4 one is that rhymes with ice

EXACTLY :) In the long run it probably won't be any cheaper, and I'd always be worried about it breaking down or going pop. Plus, you're cheap turbo kit may take the engine with it when it does (which is a very real possibility)

Cat amongst the pigeons.

In the end of the day, some people had problems with xs in the past so everyone jumped on the band wagon.

As craig has already said the track car is driven hard all the time an no problems have occurred with this phantom cracking manifold. 8k to do a proper n/a-t conversion is quite funny as well. Craigs car has cost him under less than half of that, the car does not miss a beat, and running up around 400 bhp. So does this sound like their parts are crap, or more than likely one person having a problem and then it growing into a Chinese whisper to the point where you get warned to stay clear of it.

If you are on a tight budget then the kit will do the job that it is need to do. Just use some different oil lines as they are the only let down to the kit tbh.

Cat amongst the pigeons.

In the end of the day, some people had problems with xs in the past so everyone jumped on the band wagon.

As craig has already said the track car is driven hard all the time an no problems have occurred with this phantom cracking manifold. 8k to do a proper n/a-t conversion is quite funny as well. Craigs car has cost him under less than half of that, the car does not miss a beat, and running up around 400 bhp. So does this sound like their parts are crap, or more than likely one person having a problem and then it growing into a Chinese whisper to the point where you get warned to stay clear of it.

If you are on a tight budget then the kit will do the job that it is need to do. Just use some different oil lines as they are the only let down to the kit tbh.

what he said . ive not seen a braced xs manifold crack

I would personally never by a car with an XS Power turbo as I would always be thinking 'If they went cheap with a turbo, what else was done on the cheap'

Anyway, it sounds like you don't really have the available funds to go single IMO as you will always have to have a large buffer fund for the 'just incase something get's broken' scenario, plus don't forget that it's not just the turbo kit, there's fuelling, ECU, mapping, brakes, etc, etc, the turbo kit is just the down payment.

I'd just make sure I had a nice and tidy N/A.

ive not seen a braced xs manifold crack

You must be talking about the NA-T ones only then as the braced TT XS power manifolds crack all the time.

What was the final installation cost of your setup, including the ECU, mapping and all the odds and ends (not just the kit)? It seems to have worked well so far (given, it's still early days), but it should give a guideline as to what's needed in terms of costs and DIY skill level.