The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Thread Discussion

Geo

Right,

I know there has been loads and loads of threads about Tyres. Since my car is with Lee and the rear tyres are pretty much Slicks i need some new ones bought and sent to him.

Now i've tried -

Falkens 452's

Toyo T1's

Eagle F1's

Mich Pilot

I was thinking about going R888's but as the price of them is silly just now im staying away from them. Car will be a street car and very rarely used on Track.

Any other recommendations that's out there I've not thought of?

Edit: forgot to say im running 275/35/18 but might go up to 285?

Cheers

Edited by Geo (see edit history)

These are bang-on mate: http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/vredestein/sessanta

Had them on my single and was massively impressed in both wet and dry. Other than that you'd have to pay quite a bit for anything better.

My very next choice. Since there's only 4mm left on the Falkens. :)

Read some good reports on those. Better than some premium makes especially in the wet.

What kind of mileage did you get Gaz?

I'm quite shocked at the Falkens wear rate, they have not covered 5K yet and are getting down to where the performance dramatically drops off.

Have just had a full set of the Vredesteins put on this week and although we've not had any rain yet, I have to say I'm mightly impressed so far in the dry! Big improvement over the Falken 452s and quieter too!

Can't find them in 275s on black circles but I got mine from these guys at a very good price:

http://tyremen.myshopify.com/products/27535yr18-vredestein-sessanta-xl

These are bang-on mate: http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/vredestein/sessanta

Had them on my single and was massively impressed in both wet and dry. Other than that you'd have to pay quite a bit for anything better.

Agree, I have these on the fronts (245) and extremely satisfied with them. Couldnt find them in the right size (285) for the rear so was forced to go falkens. they are not bad tyres either (only been on for 1500 miles though so perhaps early days)

have you tried ebay for 888's? due to time attack changing to pirelli a lot of sets were going for cheap(er)

Keep an eye out for maxxis releasing the ZR9 tyre aswell over here at the minute its only in 195/50/R15 but they are due to release the rest soon

Actually i've not dude, i'll have a shifty just now see whats there?

Looks like these Vredestein Sessanta like Gaz has said are getting pretty good reviews just now. :D

I got a superb pair of Toyo RA-1's 275/35/18 i might let go George, almost brand new but i wont let them go cheap, they are middle between r888 and t1r, great all round tyre but near impossible to get in the UK.

Cool bud, speak to you on MSN cheers