The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Sprint Series 2011 - General Banter

AlexM

Seeing as there's a few of us competing this year I feel a dedicated Toyota Sprint Series thread is much needed (follow the link if you fancy competing! ;)).

Rounds:

Round 1 	Rockingham Motor Speedway	Sunday		27th March
Round 2 	Woodbridge			Sunday		22nd May
Round 3 	Barkston Heath			Sunday		24th July
Round 4 	Llandow				Saturday	13th August
Round 5 	Croft				Sunday 		4th September
Round 6 	Blyton Park			Saturday 	15th October

Rules & Regulations can be found here

Club representatives (;)):

Craig Attard in Class A1 Pro with his NA-T 5 speed (Build thread)

attachment.php?attachmentid=127686&d=1299076209

Paul Thomas in Class C Pro with his NA Auto (Build thread)

attachment.php?attachmentid=127687&d=1299076327

Alex Meade in Class C Pro with his NA 5 speed (Build thread)

attachment.php?attachmentid=127688&d=1299076781

TSS_Craig.jpg

TSS_Paul.jpg

TSS_Alex.jpg

Edited by AlexM (see edit history)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit heavier than that now, around 98kg! Had a very lazy winter. I keep suspending the personal weight loss programme.. :rolleyes:

minds at rest....... returns to double cheese burger

With the news that Craig is lighter than I am (and running a more powerful car) my first aim this year is to get under the weight of 95Kg + a double cheeseburger. To do this I have purchased a brand new skipping rope and my first skipping session attempt will be at 5:15 this evening (I have never skipped before..).

Is love to enter if I had more free time and money. How much does it cost after car purchase.?

I'd like to enter my tt but I don't want to strip it out as I use it every day mostly lol and think it would be in a too higher class to be competative

If anyone wants any help setting up the car I am up for it at a modest fee, but it would need to be done locally, Oulton or Donington.

that is a great offer, i plan on new subframes , arms,bushes , and suspension for next season so this would be great. but as ever money is king, what would be considerd a modest fee ?

Is love to enter if I had more free time and money. How much does it cost after car purchase.?

I'd like to enter my tt but I don't want to strip it out as I use it every day mostly lol and think it would be in a too higher class to be competative

There's a 'Street' class this year, basically for road cars (running road tyres) - you would still need a quiet exhaust though. See the Rules & Regulations, unless you've fitted an aftermarket ECU I would expect you to qualify for A3 - Street.

Yeah I just read the rules. I would need a silencer put in as I want to keep the nur :)

Wonder how competitive a bpu lardy uk auto would be :). Maybe I can get that done and try an event. Hum...

Give it a go and find out! I don't think it would be too bad, my TT Auto handled surprisingly well on the track.. just a pity about the brakes / wheels / power issues at the time (It's still not completely fixed after those problems I suffered at Thunder Road last year! AEM FIC attempt 2 coming soon..).

true short runs , i allways used slicks on track until the last track day i did and the difference is huge, im actualy thinking of running some soft bugit tyres as i think they will be grippyer cold , as premiums tend to get up to temp and be better but from cold cheapy softies could be the way , somthing like a primewell or evan a avon zz3 hmm , must look into this

Guest PaulT
With the news that Craig is lighter than I am (and running a more powerful car) my first aim this year is to get under the weight of 95Kg + a double cheeseburger. To do this I have purchased a brand new skipping rope and my first skipping session attempt will be at 5:15 this evening (I have never skipped before..).

At 80kg I have almost made up for my auto box :)

It looks like Alan won't be joining in with his NA-T this year, which is a shame. However I have a second driver to make up for it. :)

Car prep started today.. but the driver prep has again been delayed (skipping rope still hasn't been used :rolleyes: ).

thats g0od ,shame about alan ,i would have liked another na-t in the mix , aw well the car is a few days from being ready to run so jus waitng now. :):):)

i really think you should run your tt..

because it will be awfull being hammerd by you in your na :p

welli did a test with and with out. i crused at 120 then did some lane changes progressivle sharpening the turn, with the wing i did feelmore confident to go a step further with how sharp i culd whip it , and the rear didnt seem to want to backlash as much when it straightend up so illleave it on and give it a go. the only prob for me will be learning the braking points and optmal enty speed at each track , im looking for this year to set me up to be competative next year

I'm not going to ask where you were doing test turns at 120, but I expect you'll be cornering a little slower on the sprint circuits! I expect I'm going to have to investigate the difference myself this year with the new one as it already has a fibreglass rear hatch and I don't really want to drill holes in it.

Are you still running a W58 by the way?

yes still on the w50but i use the a02b diff from the auto so the final drive is longer . i can leave it in second for quiet long and stay on the power band longer compared to the open na diff i removed.

i also decided to go with the avon zz3 tyres as i think they will work well cold from the line , what tyres do you run ?

on aother note do you find your engine breathes heavy though the cam cover breather when you drive it hard , mine is filling the catch can and over flowing within 2 laps of llandow so thats playing on my mind slightly.

I ran Goodyear F1s for my first year, wasn't too competitive but I was only just starting out and didn't think semi-slicks would make much difference (boy was I wrong). Moved to R888s last year and I'm still on them now - they've worked very well for me but I wouldn't buy another set - the price is far too high.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'breathing heavy' but I can hammer the car around a circuit for 20+ minutes without an issue, generally I only come in because the tyres are overheating. The only issue I have at the moment is my brake pedal tends to go a little soft at the end of a track day but that's never happened on a sprint. I'm actually concerned about how much work it's going to take to make a TT as reliable!