The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota FT-86.. the new supra?

Guest atkay

Guest atkay

Saw this on the top gear website:

Linky

Previous claims say it may be in the £20k price range with around 220 bhp NA.. But I'd imagine that may change closer to any releases..

Looks good, what do you all think?

Alex

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buy one drop a 2jz engine in job done....i cant see them been priced at 20k tho will sure be into the early 30k mark

There won't be any room. The reason they're using the Scooby engine is so it can be mounted low down between the front wheels to lower the weight distribution.

And no, this isn't the next Supra. It's based on the AE-86.

If anything it's the new MR2 or Celica, like what's been said- it's too slow for a Supra anyway :(

As said, it's the new AE-86.

Seriously, I think the number of people who actually read threads before posting is dwindling fast.

What did the op search for? Certainly wasn't FT86 anyway :blink:

As said, it's the new AE-86.

Seriously, I think the number of people who actually read threads before posting is dwindling fast.

What did the op search for? Certainly wasn't FT86 anyway :blink:

:D

Yeah I saw that it's based on the AE-86, but it's still more of the new Celica looks wise :)

:D

Yeah I saw that it's based on the AE-86, but it's still more of the new Celica looks wise :)

Yeah but I think that's more to do with the direction the design team at Toyota are going. I don't like it, but it's the way car manufacturers are. They see an idea and they copy it/stick with it until they find the next "idea". FT86, LFA, Celica... all similar designs. If a new Supra were to come out (I think it was actually designed) then it would look the same.

Yeah but I think that's more to do with the direction the design team at Toyota are going. I don't like it, but it's the way car manufacturers are. They see an idea and they copy it/stick with it until they find the next "idea". FT86, LFA, Celica... all similar designs. If a new Supra were to come out (I think it was actually designed) then it would look the same.

I see what you mean, it's quite like Ford. The Mondeo, Focus and Fiesta all have the same kind of design internally and externally as each other. And your right, the new Supra would end up the same as the other Toyotas.