The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to sell soon, what's it worth?

Marty

I've had my supra for nearly 7years now, and i do love it to bits, but truth it i very rarely use it, i can't justify using it for work seeing as i only work 4miles away so its more of a weekend car for me, when the weather permits.

It seems a shame for it to be sitting under its cover being rarely used when someone else could have it and enjoy it far more than i could, plus im thinking of using the money to clear what very little debt i have and going down a new route with regards to work etc.

So, the car, genuine uk spec, manual, built engine with a single strapped to it :) Engine and single system was done nearly 4years ago by Michel Lane. Was a no expense spared build, everything that needed doing, was done, proper fuel system, ecu, etc. I don't really know what the whole conversion cost, as i supplied most of the single parts, but it comes in to at least £15k :blink:

I had a few teething problems when having it back, coolant escaping, plug issues, but they were both sorted by the 'right' rad cap, and some coilpacks. The engine has done in the region of 4-5k since the conversion, so not a lot. I also had the car resprayed, the turbo has been fully rebuilt and a new clutch put on her last year, so nothing really needs doing, except for some new headlights, which i will put on before i put a for sale thread up.

Its running 562bhp at only 1.1bar, of the wastegate spring. The turbo doesn't come into its proper efficiency range until 1.4bar, so i've been told, so im pretty confidant with a remap it wouldn't be far of 700 horse at a higher boost level, 1.8bar, although to be fair, its quick enough as it is, that's why i've never had it remapped.

I'm not sure what sort of price i should be putting it up for, as single prices seem to vary a little on here. I was thinking in the region of £16k is a fair bet?

Put it up for £16k and see how much interest there is. Because it's a UK spec I think it'll sell easily - much easier than mine, anyway.

Hope so, i saw a single uk spec on pistonheads a month or two back for more than this, with no where near as decent spec as mine. Yours went for a good price in the end :)

Put it up for 8k and I'll have it..!!

You can have the engine for that ;)

I despise lowballers!!!!

I'll give you £9k for it ;)

As above,+ turbo :)

Whats the car done mileage wise ?

See below

Thats a very reasonable price being a uk spec and all, i would try it a little higher and see if u get any bits. All depends how quickly you want it to sell? as above, milage?

Mileage is actually reasonably high, about 144k. Was at 139k when i had the conversion, and 113k when i bought the car. I know the mileage it a big issue for some people, but i personally dont think it really matters too much, even though it probably will, the engine has only done 5k, there is actually very little on the car, mechanical wise, which has done the mileage. New coilovers, refurbished calipers, disks and pads done 5k or less, no rattles or bangs, new bushes here and there. Looks very good underneath as it has been undersealed a few times, diff and gearbox regular oils, fresh respray, etc :)

GLWTS

Your in the same boat as me and im afraid the numbers on the odo mean everything to most buyers, even when theres pages and pages of history for lots of new o/e parts etc along with all its mots and service history.

I lost count of the enquiries from P/H telling me how they could get an import with less than half the miles for under half my asking price.

I gave up in the end but at least you have a rather rare 6 speed uk spec unlike me with the crappy auto version :D

Shame its Red

Only kidding :D

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Being a UK spec, it'll be very desireable to foreign buyers. I'd stick it up for £20k and see how you get on. Actually, i'd think about having it remapped for max boost, get a good dyno readout at circa 700hp and put it up for around £22k.

Being a UK spec, it'll be very desireable to foreign buyers. I'd stick it up for £20k and see how you get on. Actually, i'd think about having it remapped for max boost, get a good dyno readout at circa 700hp and put it up for around £22k.

:yeahthat:

16k is too low IMO.

The single most sensible thing you have said for a good few days :p :D ;)

:yeahthat: Low £20ks :)

Dnk,

i would take the mileage into account if it was fairly standard, and especially if the engine had done that, but i am hoping people won't see it as an issue seeing as there isn't a great deal on the car which has done that. The engine is the most important bit and that is almost a brand spanker :)

:yeahthat:

16k is too low IMO.

16k is what a Jspec single goes up for. 20k every day of the week in my opinion.

As already mentioned, a remap and the car running to it's safe potential would be a good shout.

:yeahthat: Low £20ks :)

Thanks guys. £20k seems to be too high i thought, £17k at a push i was guessing. You're all right though, i really should remap it to a decent boost level, be more desirable with closer to 700brake :)

• 3 weeks later...