The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ordering my new wheels tomorrow!!

marcAB10

Well tomorrow or tuesday when i get time but i am really rather excited!!

imo the only thing that still bugs me about my car are the wheels, i do like them but i wanted a better fitting wheel and love the look of the ones i'm going for, it's just taken a little time to get the money together. As for fitment i'm going for the same as Jamsey has with his SSR's as his look like the fit and look i want, so a big thanks to him for helping me with the info.

so heres the info-

18x9.5 et25 fronts

18x11 et24 rears

so the wheels i'm going for are workmiester s1's 3 piece, gloss black center with polished lip and studs from MVP.. not sure on the waiting time yet... lets hope it's not the 4 months like jamseys SSR's lol.... no doubt it will be though :D

and here's how my car is sitting right now on the current wheels-

At the end of March i'm ordering new coilovers so i can get it sitting just right on the new wheels and getting my arches rolled all round.

a bit excited here so thought i'd share :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks guys, whatever the waiting time is it's gonna go past sloooooow lol :D

Look nice mate, what are your old rims? They don't look to bad either! :)

they are FUEL 5 wheels, had them a few years, great quality imo for the price... but i need 'stepped lip' in my life.. and i've drooled of the works for too long!! :D

Lovely wheels mate...nice choice!:cool:

11" on the rear with rolled arches...will this def work!? Seems alot when most people say you need to roll for 10" rears!?

it's what Jamsey is running with his SSR's on stock arches, he is running 295 tyres and says he gets a little rubbing, i am planning on running 285 or 275 (so they will be a little stretched) so they don't foul.

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

Man those fronts are going to be TIGHT at that offset. The rears you will get there with stretched tyres (I have 265s on 10s and they are silly streched though). You're a braver man than me with those offsets :D

Those will look absolutely gorgeous mate, can't wait to see them.

Man those fronts are going to be TIGHT at that offset. The rears you will get there with stretched tyres (I have 265s on 10s and they are silly streched though). You're a braver man than me with those offsets :D

Those will look absolutely gorgeous mate, can't wait to see them.

haha well Jamsey doesn't seem to have too much issues... so i'm hoping it's all good especially if i go for a bit more stretch on the rears, it was easier for me to copy his setup as i'm clueless on the offset stuff :D

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

haha well Jamsey doesn't seem to have too much issues... so i'm hoping it's all good especially if i go for a bit more stretch on the rears, it was easier for me to copy his setup as i'm clueless on the offset stuff :D

i'm clueless with all this offset stuff

Let's put it this way. I have 10" +20 rears and I'm running overfenders ;)

Marc just double check those sizes? Im with Scott i'v got 10'' +32 on the rear, and i had to get mine shaved as these were rubbing, be a a bummer if your order them from Dusty and they dont fit.

yeah just looked again and on his wheel thread-

18x9.5 et25 fronts - 225/40/18 Falken 452

18x11 et24 rears - 295/30/18 R888

he is running them on stock arches, he said he gets a bit of rubbing at the rear, which is why i thought if i run 275 rears it should help with that.

i do actually want the lip of the wheel to stick out a little bit, so not completely flush with the arch, which is what jamsey seems to have on his but not so much it looks bad iykwim.

Will look pukka mate. Glad help.

If u dont want them to rub your gonna need to stretch on a 265/275 rear tyre ;)

yeah well 275 is what i had in my mind and i don't think the stretch looks too ott at that size, how much of an arch roll have you got btw, is it fully rolled flat on the inside?