The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Na! To supra Na-t

welshbuddy

Hey guys, i now this might of been posted somewere else,( surely has)

I know whifbitz has a turbo kit to convert it into a NA-T.

I was just wondering if anyone knows, The full price whack, Thats means , parts,labour,fitted.

Any other Kits i should know about?

Can i then use a daily driver?

any Internal mods?

Or is it probably best to go TT?

cheeerrs :D

Think it was Boost logic on MVP' site that does a full kit with everything you need for around £3.5k, will make a na faster than a bpu tt, price for the kit/tt conversion is about the same i guess and you get a faster supe!:D

NA'S RULE EVEN WITH TURBO'S!! :D

The turbo kit is just a fraction of the overall conversion cost, all the fueling components will need upgrading, ECU and mapping, clutch, gearbox? gauges, plugs, oil, filters, IC? radiator? oil pump, etc. etc. etc. To do it properly - so it is reliable - will cost many many £1K's.

The cheapest and best option IMO would be to sell the NA and buy a TT, second best option would be to fit a 2JZ-GTE engine in your car, although if you ever come to sell you may find it difficult and it will never be worth as much as an original TT.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

im looking at turbo's to begin my NA-T journey and its definitely not a cheap option!! XS do a cheap kit with a `cheaper` turbo which is around 1400 quid and then you just need ECU which is as costly as you want.

cheap route which has been tried AND tested is the XS kit with greddy emanage ultimate. kit is around $1600 http://www.suprastore.com/tosusitukit1.html

seen emange ultimate for around 350 but then u need sensors etc and tuning. the kit is apparently LAGGY due to T61 being to big on dropped compression. ur dont have to change head gasket but my tuner said its worth doing. i saw a youtube video on a standard supra na vs standard na with bigger headgasket and wasnt a huge drop in power so worth doing.

if u go the cheap route ur looking at 3.5k for parts and fitting, thats with cheap turbo and if you have no problems with labour which you always need to have finances just in case. tried and testing kits but for how long :-O

be better to get a decent turbo and put the kit together yourself, try and get a decent manifold as well as cheap'o ones won't last!

Guest putputcar

hi all, I'm shopping for supra recently in Malaysia. I'm quite familiar with the US spec supra but not really the Jspec and UK spec.

If don't mind, I have a really simple question.

In malaysia, people swap twin turbo engine into NA chasis quite a bit. In US, I can easily identify them with the chasis tag, either 2JZ80-GTE or 2JZ80-GE.

is it the same case here?

thanks a lot!