The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine numbers?

keef701

I have done a search on this but not had a lot of luck.

If I know my chassis number, is there any way to find the engine number that the car originally left the factory with?

As with a lot of the imports, the engine number might not be on the log book, as it is not easy to find. I can just about read my number and I am wondering if it is the original engine, or has ever been changed out.

My car is a 96 facelift with a non VVTI TT engine.

I know on the NZ Supra site there is a database where you can find out exactly when the car was built and what spec/colour/trim etc it left the factory with, but there is no way to find out engine numbers and build dates.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks.

The 96 facelifts didn't get vvti as far as I've seen. Only seen them on 97 and onwards. The 97 cars seem to be a mish mash of pre and post facelift parts.

If that's why your wondering why it's not vvti. It's quite common the looms ecu and all kinds of stuff Are different so swapping from vvti to non just because of a knackered engine is a he'll of a job. And vice versa. Has been done tho

Thanks, I knew that my car was in the transition between facelift with old engine and facelift with VVTI. I've got the right model of engine, but I am wondering if there is a way to find the engine number that it left the factory with.

Toyota may have records to match chassis and engine numbers?