The mkiv Supra Owners Club

united states

Guest americansupra

Guest americansupra

well hello everyone thank you for the replys, i live in michigan and yes i own a supra, its a 1997 with a t-76BB precision turbo putting down about 600 on a very conservative tune. lol untied, i just spelled it quick, but actually the reason why i became a member on here is because i was wondering if you could import supras to the states, i have seen some of the supras on here, and there beautiful for the price.

supras getting a 150hp shot of NOS soon too, then ill crank up the boost, ill let you guys know what type of numbers i put down : )

Guest americansupra

ok ill send him a pm and see if i cant add another supra to my collection, i also have a twin t67BB turbo cobra thats putting down around 1100, but she only comes out on the weekends, and i figured supra owners dont like fords thats y i mentioned it last lol but im glad to say my supra is my true baby, id never sell her for any amount of money

ok ill send him a pm and see if i cant add another supra to my collection, i also have a twin t67BB turbo cobra thats putting down around 1100, but she only comes out on the weekends, and i figured supra owners dont like fords thats y i mentioned it last lol but im glad to say my supra is my true baby, id never sell her for any amount of money

Pics pics pics! There are loads of people that would like to see that!

Oh and get some vids of it up if you can :)

could anyone help me out with my importing supras??? is it possible

Since the Supra isn't on "the list", importing them to the states can be expensive. I don't know anything about exporting from England, but I'm sure it's the same on the American side whether it is coming from the UK or Japan or anywhere else.

No one has submitted crash test for UK or Japanese Supras to the NHTSA, so there is no standard for modifying imported Supras to meet US safety regs. Not 100% on all the ins and outs, but the speedometer will have to read out in MPH and all exhaust has to run through a CAT, then you should be able to register it as a kit car or something. The hard part is customs. Seems the best way is to pull the drivetrain to turn it into an "assemblage" and ship them separately.

You could always just bring it in as a "show car"...but you can't register it for the street for 7 years. A lot of info here: http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/index.html

I'm far from being an expert, but I've done a little research. Hope that helps.

Welcome, look forward to seeing the pics (in work so can't at the moment).

We wouldn't ask for pics of run of the mill fords, there are many many exceptions to the rule though..... with a ford cobra being RIGHT up there with most people I would think :D

Look forward to seeing it too, what year is it?

Guest americansupra

i can find any us supraforms that keeps up with there updats. can someone help me out, i really want to buy another supra, ive had mine since i was 14 and have built it from the bottom up, and i have a 4 year old.. and i plan on doing the same..

As for the cobra, its a 2003 daily driver 1100 hp, it has stock irs and built motor.

P.S supra NOS kit just came into the mail, its time to see what this t-76 can do