The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help NA not starting

abtin90

Hello,

Sorry for the long intro, though my supra isnt starting and could really use some help.

I have a 1995 sz the other day the car was started and turned off a few times while I was having the fuses changed for the stereo, heater and cig, however when I finally went to start it to drive it the car it wouldnt start.

I assumed the engine had flooded, so I let it sit for a while then I went back opened the plugs gave them a clean, put some petrol just in case it was low.

Once I was done I started the car with the accelerator pressed down. It started but was idling really bad and almost turned off so I kept my foot of the pedal with the revs at 3,000rpm but it eventually turned off and I cant start it again

Id really appreciate any advice on what the problem could be and how I can fix it? thanks

Has the battery been disconnected? If it has the ECU will have been reset, when it's reset the engine can run a bit lumpy and not tickover, it takes a few miles for the ECU to relearn and it to run smoothly again.

If it's not that then it could be that it's not firing on all cylinders, check distributor cap is secure, check all HT leads are secure and contacts to plugs are okay. Also check you are getting a spark from each plug.

Also try doing a diagnostic check, see guide HERE