The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Parts purchase for the Supra

Samurai 20V

20000yen for the meter? As in the TRD clock? I take it you meant 1300 for the brake pads?

Must be great opening the box to all the TRD goodness :D

Yep 20000yen for the TRD clock, brake pads were 13000yen each. Based on an exchange of 137yen to 1GBP, the clock cost 145pounds and the pads were 95pounds.

Is that expensive? Converted to SA rand its cheap..

Edited by Samurai 20V (see edit history)

Yep 20000yen for the TRD clock, brake pads were 13000yen each. Based on an exchange of 137yen to 1GBP, the clock cost 145pounds and the pads were 95pounds.

Is that expensive? Converted to SA rand its cheap..

Can't get over the price of the TRD clock. That's a bargain.

When you said they were £95 each I was thinking £380 in total for a set of 4 hence expensive :D

Neil, here you go... picture of my car from before I bought it:

attachment.php?attachmentid=165922&stc=1&d=1363398730

I find the TRD dials really irritating! It only uses a third of the dial... look at the position of 30mph (mine is converted to mph), it barely moves off the stop. It's ridiculous! I plan on removing and selling mine at some point.

In KM/H though, it'd probably be more usable.

DSC02985.jpg

Edited by Kilps (see edit history)

Nice one, Samurai. I've had the TRD speedo for a while now. I have blue black lights and it looks really good. I recommend springing for LEDs though, I had regular lights with blue caps before and the light was dim and uneven.

Have you found the TRD tachometer for cheap? They seem to run about $500US in the US.

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

Nice one, Samurai. I've had the TRD speedo for a while now. I have blue black lights and it looks really good. I recommend springing for LEDs though, I had regular lights with blue caps before and the light was dim and uneven.

Have you found the TRD tachometer for cheap? They seem to run about $500US in the US.

Thanks man.

Do you mind sharing the details of the LEDs you bought. I cant find the red caps for the small bulb, would like to change to LED. Also can you post a picture of the lights on..

Looking for the tacho, hope to find one soon.

Thanks..

I have both the Speedo and Tacho fitted to my Facelift TT at the moment and i'm having them removed when i get home from offshore this trip. They're not exactly ideal for use in the Uk, unless you have a strokered big single capable of of over 200mph and anywhere near 10,000rpm that is lol. Stock clocks FTW ! :D

Sorry, I don't have a picture with the lights on and am not in Japan at the moment. I don't recall the exact specs on the lights, and am having a hard time finding much info online. I bought them all at Autobacs. If you pull your bulbs and go there it is really easy to find something that works. Just try not to get anything with directional light, so they light the gauges evenly.

The small bulb is also LED. It took a while for Autobacs to get the them in blue, but eventually they had them. If you are going for red it might be easier, they always had them in red.

I was also buying lights for 5 additional gauges so it ended up costing around ¥12000.

Sorry, I don't have a picture with the lights on and am not in Japan at the moment. I don't recall the exact specs on the lights, and am having a hard time finding much info online. I bought them all at Autobacs. If you pull your bulbs and go there it is really easy to find something that works. Just try not to get anything with directional light, so they light the gauges evenly.

The small bulb is also LED. It took a while for Autobacs to get the them in blue, but eventually they had them. If you are going for red it might be easier, they always had them in red.

I was also buying lights for 5 additional gauges so it ended up costing around ¥12000.

Thanks man. I will do that,there is an autobacs around the corner from me..

Where in Japan do you live?