The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stainless pistons for UK calipers in stock NOW.

Chris Wilson

I now have a stock of front and rear pistons for UK calipers. I also have stainless brake pin kits for the UK calipers. i will sell as either full sets, or just fronts or rears as required.

Fronts are £18 per piston and rears are £21 per piston. I also have the special material square section seals that go between the caliper halves when you split them to replace the pistons. These are not even listed, let alone available from Toyota. They are £4.50 each and there are two per caliper. They must be changed... P&P for pistons is £7.80 to UK postcode addresses, sent insured and trackable. Brake pin kits in stainless for all four UK calipers are £38 a set, plus £5.80 insured P&P, or at YOUR RISK, £2.50 by untrackable Royal Mail parcel. I am hoping to offer caliper piston seals and dust / water boots shortly at a saving on Toyota prices, but for now you need to get these from a Toyota main agent. I am happy to rebuild calipers for people, but don't want to get involved painting or powder coating them.

Payment by bank transfer or Paypal plus 4%. I do not take credit card payments, sorry.

I have started this new thread to keep things tidy. Orders by **E-MAIL** please. I have 32 fronts and 16 rears at the moment. J-Spec pistons coming very soon. By using stainless you will stop further seizure by chrome pitting and flaking and general rust on the standard Toyota pistons.

If you don't know what you are doing take your calipers to a professional, the old pistons need to be nearly all the way out BEFORE you remove the calipers from the hydraulic system on the car!!!!! This means pumping them out evenly, with an assistant holding "eager" pistons back with a lever, with no pads in the caliper, one caliper at a time, then wedging the pistons that are almost out whilst you move to the next one, remove the pads and do the same again. Home made wooden wedges work fine.

What do you mean by full refurb? Bead blast, strip, new pistons and seals?

BTW, DO NOT, EVER, strip the caliper into two halves and then blast the bits. Glass beads or grit gets into the blind threads and damage the piston bores. Blast BEFORE separating the halves. I am having a nightmare with some UK rears that have been blasted after disassembly.

What do you mean by full refurb? Bead blast, strip, new pistons and seals?

BTW, DO NOT, EVER, strip the caliper into two halves and then blast the bits. Glass beads or grit gets into the blind threads and damage the piston bores. Blast BEFORE separating the halves. I am having a nightmare with some UK rears that have been blasted after disassembly.

oops, now what do i do ? :search: ive not had them sand blasted yet tho

Just two sets left. If people want ME to re piston their calipers I can have a courier collect them for a very reasonable price. They would HAVE to left somewhere where there will DEFINITELY be someone in on a given day, as I get charged for failed collections. The cost would be VERY reasonable.

Chris,

I ordered the pins last Tuesday and pm'd you with the details of payment but note you don't do pm's. I can't ring as I have no phone until Tuesday ( on hols in Egypt). Can you also send me a full set of pots. Confirm the cost including postage and I'll do another bank transfer.

cheers

Jon

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.