The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scam or not. help please!

Guest Johanr88

Guest Johanr88

Hi.

I'll start to say sorry for my really bad english, I hope you understand me!

I live in sweden and i desperately want a lhd tt supra. I used to have a rhd.

I found this on pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2336078.htm

But I also saw the same ad, but for half the price yesterday at a site called Gumtree.com but soon as i started asking questions the ad was removed.

Is there anyone that knows anything about this car? Or maybe live nearby and could have a little look at it? That would be really good!

I appreceate quick answers. It's really about time I got myself a new car.

/Johan

sweden

Sounds like the Gumtre one was the scam. There are quite a few Leicester-based members (Keron for one) who may know of the car or be close enough to take a look for you. Have you phoned the seller on Pistonheads yet to ask any questions?

Mind you, looking at his profile on there, he sounds like either a liar, a retard or a scammer!

a few years back i was looking for a yamaha raptor 660 (quad) n saw one on gumtree that was unusualy cheap so started asking questions n the fella sellin it advertised it saying it was in london but it was currently in spain :/ n was rle eager for me to pay him over western union, never did :D complete skam me thinks. gumtree is one id stay away from. own personal opinon anyway. pistonheads shud be good tho!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Johanr88

I've did a carfax check but the only "happening" on it is that have been exporrted fron us to uk.

but sureeley there must be more info?

i can post the vin number if anyone can help me?

Guest Johanr88

I've did a carfax check but the only "happening" on it is that have been exporrted fron us to uk.

but sureeley there must be more info?

i can post the vin number if anyone can help me?

Hi.

I'll start to say sorry for my really bad english, I hope you understand me!

I live in sweden and i desperately want a lhd tt supra. I used to have a rhd.

I found this on pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2336078.htm

But I also saw the same ad, but for half the price yesterday at a site called Gumtree.com but soon as i started asking questions the ad was removed.

Is there anyone that knows anything about this car? Or maybe live nearby and could have a little look at it? That would be really good!

I appreceate quick answers. It's really about time I got myself a new car.

/Johan

sweden

Check this link out a thread i started earlier and my experience with this same LHD white car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?240828-Importing-Supra-from-US

Doesn't mean the car and price aren't real. Its another advert but just the same car. The first time i saw this car it was a scam for sure...

Guest Johanr88
Check this link out a thread i started earlier and my experience with this same LHD white car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?240828-Importing-Supra-from-US

Doesn't mean the car and price aren't real. Its another advert but just the same car. The first time i saw this car it was a scam for sure...

I got the same answer from you when I e-mailed on the Gumtree ad. But on the pistonheads ad and e-bay ad i got serious answers back. There is a swedish importing company discussing with him right know. Trying to find out some history of the car!

I got the same answer from you when I e-mailed on the Gumtree ad. But on the pistonheads ad and e-bay ad i got serious answers back. There is a swedish importing company discussing with him right know. Trying to find out some history of the car!

Good luck then ! if everything is ok with the car, no weird history, then it's a very tempting price indeed.

Guest Johanr88
Good luck then ! if everything is ok with the car, no weird history, then it's a very tempting price indeed.

It sure it a tempting price.

The selller says that he buyed the car in this condition. My contact asked him if there are any frame damages, the answer back was that there isn't any frame damage at all. He also says that the car has been correctly repaired. He doesn't know what kind of damage there was.

It looks a bit worn but my plan is to repaint directly. If i will buy it.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone know if there is a way to get info about the car when it was in US?