The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone got 19'' on

bullet_uk

I also have 19" alloys the handling is really good in the dry and cack in the wet! But IMO they fill the arches and look better the 17"s and 18"s

Dont see how thats down to wheel size, what tyres and pressures are you using, suspension set up, has your car had a full geo ?

My cars fine in the wet on very wide 19's but i do have to drive accordingly to the conditions, my car is quite firm on lowered suspension and is also using much stiffer than stock anti roll bars which makes it much less forgiving.

Standing water is possibly the biggest issue with wider wheels but then you use your experiance and as above drive accordingly.

My car in the dry i love, on track or on rd, luckily mine is not a daily driver as i think with the state of our rds these days depending how bad the rds are where you are would make me think 19's are a bad idea. Having a 4x4 to bounce over all the pot holes etc certainly makes life much better. I doubt i could live with my car if i had no other transport.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I have 19's - had these same wheels on both supra's - my last supra had bilsteins and she handled like she was on rails with these wheels but the ride was slightly harsh (nothing unbearable- just a little harsh- depends on the condition of the roads a lot also) but this supra I have now just has standard RZ-s suspension and its fine- the softer suspension more than compensates for the lack of sidewall. They fill the guards nicely too.

bllack_supra2.jpg

bllack_supra3.jpg