The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM standalone

ADD

yep this comes with the ecu im buying luckily... am i right in saying they have launch control?

Yeah, it works really well, when I use to run an AEM I used it a lot. There is a nice function that allows you to have it active all the time, ie when stationary its active and when set with an exit speed of approx 12mph enable you to use it when ever you feel like it :D

sounds good, think it may take me a while to figure all this out! :) is that all controlled on the DLI thing?

DLI is dumb, its just wired in and works, there is nothing to setup.

The AEM on the other hand should be setup by someone who knows what they are doing, very easy to make a mistake and pop goes your engine ;)

DLI is dumb, its just wired in and works, there is nothing to setup.

The AEM on the other hand should be setup by someone who knows what they are doing, very easy to make a mistake and pop goes your engine ;)

:( oh blimey ok..... what does DLI stand for? i presume it acts as a boost controller etc

:( oh blimey ok..... what does DLI stand for? i presume it acts as a boost controller etc

Its nothing to do with boost at all, its an ignition amp, it boosts the spark power as the coil charge time is halved by switching to wasted spark from the stock direct fire setup.

Most other ECUs dont have this issue as they have enough ignition outputs to drive all six coils properly and maintain direct fire ignition ;)

The AEM will support the auto box no problem, Ryan did mine and it shifted like stock.

That was not on a stock auto box though was it? the higher line pressure with the boostlogic box makes the gear changes a lot smoother ive read.

Ryan wont recommend this combo.

Recently i have been able to make the Aem piggyback on top of stock auto ecu like the fcon and it works fine. Not as good as a syvecs does it but just as good as lots of Fcons which run with no issues.

Will be a damn lot better than the EMU on your car currently and with the prices of AEM series 1 for the supra these days i think it will be your best bet with current budget ADD.