The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valet Products

Jellybean

Taught I would start up a new thread , some new products out there

What would people recommend for a dark car (Black)

I heard

Swiss Vax -- products in general

Chemical Guys - Black Light Sealant

I was thinknig

Swiss Vax Cleaning Fluid -- polish and Cleaner

Chemical Guys - Black Light as the Sealant

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dodo is awesome quality for a reasonable price compared to waxes of similar calibre

Haven't seen that CG Black Light before though.... I'm a bit of a CG whore so will probably end up buying it and combining it with their Wet Mirror Finish, makes a black car look amazing

Dodo is awesome quality for a reasonable price compared to waxes of similar calibre

Haven't seen that CG Black Light before though.... I'm a bit of a CG whore so will probably end up buying it and combining it with their Wet Mirror Finish, makes a black car look amazing

Whats the wet mirror finish

Well i guess CG still make it, its like a glaze that you put on after polishing then you need to seal it in with a sealent and/or a wax, just adds a bit more 'wetness' to the look

From what I gather the CG Black Light is the first Nano product they have made an attempt at; and it is a cleaner, polish and sealant

Rumor is, it will replace Jet seal

SRP -- Is Autoglym super resin polish

Firstly, if you're on a tight budget, we have the Poorboys World products. This would be a two-stage treatment (similar to your SRP & Vics combo now), consisting of Poorboys Black Hole, followed by Poorbots Nattys Wax Blue. Both these products are formulated specifically for dark coloured cars. The Black Hole product is a glaze, which will brighten up the paint and mask some of the swirls/light scratches. It's much easer to use then SRP and doesn't have any side-effects such as trim stain! The Nattys Wax Blue is, again, very very easy to use. It lasts a reasonable time too.

Black Hole is €16.95, the wax is €19.95

If you can stretch the budget a bit more, we have the Carnauba Werkstat products here and they are fantastic value for money. Again, it's a two stage protection system consisting of a 'Prime' basecoat, followed by as many layers of 'Jett' as you like. These products are really easy to use and last really, really well. You only need to apply the 'Prime' basecoat every 3-4 months and in the meantime, you can top up the layers of 'Jett' as much as you like. Jett is a carnauba spray which makes it really quick and easy to top up protection.

Carnauba Prime is €28.95 and Carnauba Jett is €22.95.

If you're looking for the best possible products for your car, the Swissvax range is the answer. They do cost more than the others but they do leave the best possible finish. The best option would be to take a look at the Swissvax Onyx Discovery Kit. You get everything you need to try out most of the Swissvax range, including all the applicators and towels needed to complete the job. The wax included is 50ml, but with the way Swissvax products work this should still last you the best part of a year before it needs to be replaced.

The kit is here - http://www.detailer.ie/store/index.php/detailing-kits/onyx-discovery-kit.html

They look interesting, im always open to try new waxes etc. I hate threads like this, it gets expensive!!

Have you used any of the Blackfire stuff?

http://www.blackfireusa.com/stheexcarca.html

Few people have mentioned good results with it.

Never heard of them, I might bite the bullet and get some Swiss Vax ( Ferrari , Lambourgini, Bugatti, AMG etc) all promote these as the product to use on there cars ; not too bad if it does last you a year plus you are getting all the Towels and applicators too

http://www.detailer.ie/store/index.php/detailing-kits/onyx-discovery-kit.html

Edited by Jellybean
update Link (see edit history)

I am goin to give the Werkstat products a go , I like the idea of a spray wax :)

http://www.werkstat.com/system.php

I used the Megs Spray wax, it was a nightmare.. It sprayed all over the show, and being white showed up everywhere...

Granted megs is probably not in the leauge of werkstat, or could have been my lack of skill..

Prefer a liquid wax, thats just me..

I used the Megs Spray wax, it was a nightmare.. It sprayed all over the show, and being white showed up everywhere...

Granted megs is probably not in the leauge of werkstat, or could have been my lack of skill..

spray it on the aplicator pad then rub it on the bodywork. Simples.

Reason I am looking for new products is I use Auto Glym SRP(Super Resin Polish) and Vics Concours but once I wash the car the Swirls return. To get the result I want I have to do SRP and LSP each time I wash the Car (weekly) :(

I am hoping it is the LSP(Vics Concours) not bonding to the SRP

Anybody have any suggestions, was thinking PB Black Hole and CG Black Light . Maybe the SRP is too oily for the LSP to bond or I am not allowing the SRP to Cure Long enough, cure time is about 5 mins. Afraid it will rain

Was wondering how you apply it myself

http://www.werkstat.com/carnauba-jett.php

DIRECTIONS

1. PREPARE: Shake well. Surface should be cool and clean.

2. SPRAY a light coat of Jett onto the vehicle. Less is more.

3. SPREAD lightly over a small area with a microfiber towel.

4. BUFF into paint using light pressure on the towel until the surface is clear and haze free. Flip to the dry side of the towel on the final pass for perfect results.

The Gtechniq 4 Trim Protector is very very good. used it on the GFs car before we sold it. was an astra with ALOT of faded plastics on the exterior and this brought them up like new. Supposed to last at least a year as well, a little goes a very long way!!

Ordering the C4 as soon as I get paid , scuttle panel needs some TLC; drives me mad