The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap Exhaust on Ebay, Anyone bought one?

SupraP-Z

Hey fellas, i remember someone posting a link to this a while back. I was wondering if any of you bought it/fitted it at all?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-2JZGTE-TURBO-CAT-BACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/220704725289?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item336306d929

Seems like a decent exhaust for the price. Im not sure whether its stainless steel throughout or not though.

Would you buy one?

I've got a Motoria system on my NA which looks identical to that one. Its all stainless, 3" with a 4.5" tailpipe. Sounds absolutely gorgeous. I've just got a 2nd decat fitted at Whifbitz. It now sounds insane. Its not too loud for my taste but maybe not for everone. Still bassy low down (not droney) and it it hits a couple of sweet spots through the rev range. It sounds especially ferocious arond 4K. :wooohoo:

Guest kanekane

eBay is ok for a 90$ downpipe, but I wouldn't trust a complete exhaust system, with the time the chambers will leak in the muffler and it will be too noisy, probably too noisy from the beginning ! Used quality exhaust are the way to go, peoples keep upgrading and selling for nothing....

That was me that started the thread last time.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?235405-Has-anyone-ever-fitted-one-of-these-exhausts

I fitted mine on Christmas Day. It is a perfect fit does not sit too low. I have not even had any issues with speed humps. It only took 40mins to fit.

Mine is fitted on a TT with both cats still in and is not loud at all. It's got a deep throaty sound. When cruising at about 3k-4k rpm it sounds like an Aston Martin.

i had a trd replica one, similar price.. on a fully decatted n/a and it was very loud, but not a nice loud a cheap sounding chav wagon loud.. buy cheap buy twice (or 3 times in my case)!!

for the money your better off with a second hand reputable pipe!

Was that you mate? i was watching that item lol. Let us know what its like. From what everyone is saying, it seems like a decent buy, might as well go for it, its not that expensive for a stainless steel exhaust either!

Will let you know what it's like but don't get the car until April, Jurgen is bring it in for me so it will be some time.

Both Karoliona and i have these, The two sound different to each other, Fit different and were wildly different prices from each other. I had the same one before but sold it because it was too loud and bought the exact same sort again and it was loads quiter