The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The annoying "How much is my car worth"?!

Elliot

Hi folks

Tomorrow I'm going to clean the Supe & then list it on Autotrader.

I'm working away from home at the moment (in Aylesbury) so not getting to drive it. As it's an aerotop I'd like to sell it now (even though there's no bloody sun!) and buy a TT at the end of the summer before I go back to uni for my final year. I'm earning good money at the moment so hopefully will be able to afford a good'un!

First of all, does anyone have any general selling advice?

I haven't got all the details with me but hopefully this will give a general indication

- December 1994 SZ (NA) Aerotop- I think the document says 1995 though!?

- Around 80-90k Km (55000 miles ish?)

- Black

- Auto

- Full Blitz bodykit (with stock spoiler)

- Full cream leather interior

- 18" BBS alloys

- Clarion stereo with 6 CD changer, amp & huge sub

- New rear tyres & new front brake discs & pads

- Restricted to 112mph still

- Serviced around 2 months ago with cambelt change etc

- Around 9-10 months MOT left

- Imported in 1996

- Japanese history book & all receipts since 1996

- Clifford 600 alarm, with intellistart & lights etc. Anti-hijacking code required every time a door is opened (if turned on!) also has software and leads etc for programming.

Obviously I'll know more tomorrow when I get home and double check everything. At which point I'll put it up for sale in here too.

Anyone have an idea of what price? I was thinking of starting it reasonably high & dropping if need be.

As I'm in Aylesbury & the car is in Gosport (near Portsmouth & Southampton) should I bring it up here, or arrange a day for potential viewers to meet me at home. I think you're supposed to meet people at your house or something.

I don't want to bring it up here really as there's not enough room for all my stuff in it & I don't really want to use it as a work car, but don't want to drive home a lot as I'm real busy here!

Any help would be appreciated

Good luck selling it Elliot and congrats on deciding to get a TT

.... but be prepared for a long wait trying to sell it :(

N/As are very difficult to find a buyer for. Jurgen has been trying to sell his low milage NA for months now.

It's not all bad news though, you've got the advantage of it being black. Being an Aerotop might help too I guess, not my cup of tea but some folks like 'em.

i have been trying to sell mine for months it is immac condition was up for 8700 now its up for 6800 and i am starting to get some interest so fingers crossed try put it up for 7000 see what interest u get the most i have been offered is 5900.

and i know its not an aerotop but its certainly worth a lot more than 5900.

but i have seen n/a go for about 4000 to 6000 now so i may have to sell at a stupid discount.

Yeah, it sold in Autotrader.

I wanted to put it on eBay as well, for the extra coverage & better description & photo etc, but I've been working away & didn't get round to it.

I'll probably wait till the end of the summer to buy a TT as I've just paid a load of money I owed & by October or whatever I'll know what budget I'll have.

I was thinking about buying one with the bodykit, wheels & sensible mods done already as well, unless I got one real cheap in which case I'd probably go for a total respray.