The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you ever get people taking pics of your car?

RobD

Yesterday whilst walking back from the shop to a mates house I spotted a bloke looking around the car and taking pics.

Nice you probably think but there's a part of me that's a little uneasy about this!

1. Since buying the TT engine my car has gone through a few changes! Firstly, my fancy alloys were sold and a set of stock uk's fitted, secondly the active spoiler has been recently removed!

So as you can tell she's looking distinctively average looking now, so hardly anything to write home about! Not to mention the lack of attention the body works had recently as she's filthy!!

2. I know a few people who's had there pride and joy stolen around Cambridge over the past couple of years and have never been found, if I'm honest this is what I'm worrying about the most, in my head alarm bells are ringing " stolen to order".

3. This is what I'm praying isn't going to happen but I've even looked through Barry boys tonight to see if the pics are up there ( thankfully not!).

Am I right to be a little suspicious or should I take it as the bloke wanted a few pics for his collection? :(

Anyone who's met me a few times will know this sortve thing freaks me out a little so I just want to settle my nerves! :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was driving up broad street its the main street in birmingham, at night time all night clubs was open

i has 2 japanese guys taking photos of my car (very very funny ) reminded me of a many a films i have seen from the 80 s

but your story is a bit strange id be a little suspicious

I randomly found a picture of my Single on the net somewhere that someone else had taken while I was driving around, was in a FlikR account, not on a forum or anything.

Your single was a stunning looking car though so you see why, my car looks like a standard supra with an exhaust!

I'm just hoping he's an enthuasiast or something!

Does sound a bit fishy like bud, went for my MOT today (which was fine) and all the people around started getting their phones out and snapping pics and vids of it - one cheeky sod even asked for a drive out in it! I kindly told him where to go and patiently waited for my certificate :)

People will sometimes take pictures while I'm driving, which is fine, but Supras tend to disappear here too. So if someone was lurking around in my parking ramp I might be a little worried.

Never had pics (that i know of but me car looks shite anyways) but i did have 2 girls (both 20ish) chasing me through Bolton town centre shouting supra, they muyst have followed me for a good 400 metres or so and if its left anywhere like the cinema i can come back and there are hand prints all over the windows.

whilst queuing for the midnight black ops release i didnt fancy leaving me car out of sight with it being the centre of manchester so i parked on the taxi rank right at the top market street where the trams go past. i must have had about 15 diffrent people take pics of it and to top it off had one rather tipsy lady splayed all over the bonnet getting her pic taken.....i wouldnt cont mine as one of the best looking supras out there but i was well impressed that night