The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with Hks hi power vs silent hi power

Matt _Aero top_

dont bother with either mate, i had one and lasted 2 years and rotted away, the back pipe is mild steel and then can is stainless... uk weather is horrid to it, if you have the chance get a full stainless with stainless pipes as well then yeh go for it... dont be fooled alot of pipes say stainless exhausts but in fact they are just referring to the can on the end

i found an old thread and was under the impression the hi powers both had middle boxes in them the only difference being which i have now found out is the hi power being stainless backbox and steel mid pipes and the silent hi power being full stainless .

Check the thread out .

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?152607-NA-Exhaust-Help&highlight=hks+hipower

i found an old thread and was under the impression the hi powers both had middle boxes in them the only difference being which i have now found out is the hi power being stainless backbox and steel mid pipes and the silent hi power being full stainless .

Check the thread out .

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?152607-NA-Exhaust-Help&highlight=hks+hipower

Yea that thread explains it really, Nic even has the pics up! The exhausts are basically the same but the Silent Hi Power is full Stainless Steel but the Hi Power is only a stainless steel back box with mild steel piping

Both exhausts are identical in design, the only difference is that the HKS Silent Hi-Power is 100% stainless steel, the HKS Hi-Power is mild steel from the back box forward. Both are rated at 98Db, stock is 87Db. The model for the 2JZ-GTE just has a single back box, the model for the 2JZ-GE has a silencer on the mid pipe.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/exhaust/muffler/lineup/img/31019AT005_zu.gif

Check the thread out .

The pics on that thread are of the NA model which does have a silencer on the mid pipe, the TT version doesn't.

Guest George89

sorry to be slightly off topic but i don't want too start a new thread for one question.

I have the HKS Hi power Silence on my supra na. But i have bought a 2jz-gte engine which will be going in soon at full BPU. Is the exhaust alride for it? even tho is got the GE engine and not the GTE

sorry to be slightly off topic but i don't want too start a new thread for one question.

I have the HKS Hi power Silence on my supra na. But i have bought a 2jz-gte engine which will be going in soon at full BPU. Is the exhaust alride for it? even tho is got the GE engine and not the GTE

The HKS Silent Hi-Power for the 2JZ-GE has narrower piping compared to the 2JZ-GTE version - 75mm vs 95mm - it also has a second silencer on the mid pipe. It will fit the TT and will be fine, it'll be a bit quieter than it is on the NA.

Guest George89
The HKS Silent Hi-Power for the 2JZ-GE has narrower piping compared to the 2JZ-GTE version - 75mm vs 95mm - it also has a second silencer on the mid pipe. It will fit the TT and will be fine, it'll be a bit quieter than it is on the NA.

Will it be quiter then it is on the NA with cats. on a tt engine with both cats removed?

I would of thought it would be louder

wish i knew this before i ordered the TT one :( good info though