The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A rough estimate on what my car is worth?!

suprasam77

I'm going to be buying an s15 soon (sorry) so I will either A) be selling my car soon, or B) selling it to my gf for a cut price. So I'm looking to see what a realistic price is for mine.

It's a 96 pre facelift supra SZR, 5 speed manual, LSD, bilsteins with hks lowering springs, work equip 17's refurbished by me 3months ago (have been done in blue and White though) with continetal 235 fronts and 245 rears! veilside skirts and spats, I think stillen style front lip! Standard interior and engine, with semi custom zeigen exhaust as I removed the rear silencer as it was too quiet!

It's done 98,000 miles or 157,000km, tax til may and mot til december, about a month ago I put new discs and pads all round, grooved and drilled on front and dimpled and grooved on rear! The right hand front caliper was sticking slightly so I removed the piston and cleaned the rust off and it seems ok now! Being a mechanic I've serviced it myself since it was imported in novemember 2007 so afraid I don't have any service history but I've replaced everything every year with oil more regularly, plugs, all filters, diff and gearbox oil, cambelt was done at 100,000 kilometres and I've never left it wanting!

Now the bad points, (1)front lip is repaired with cable ties as I had a run in with a kerb, I was going for drift style anyway so it suited me but really needs a new one, the skirts are damaged underneath from speedbumps etc,(2) it's 15 years old so there are a few usual car park dents and a stone chips!(3) Small spot of rust on tailgate but has never increased in size in the 3+ years I've had it. (4) Some Fu#%er smashed both my electric folding mirrors off so I've had to glue them on as I couldnt find any for the right price, so they don't fold. (5) And I believe either the gearbox main shaft bearings are knackered or it's the flywheel as I SOMETIMES get a vibration above 5k rpm! but it's been like it for 2 years and it's never failed on me whatsoever, even after drift days and track days!

So that's about the most of it really. So if you guys think it worth what I want, then I will stick it up forsale, otherwise my mrs will have it.

Cheers guys

Edited by suprasam77 (see edit history)

I would say a slight bit more at £3500 as it is a really well kept example.. :)

I like this guy!!! So thanks mate but I think the others are probably right really, if I was to sell I'd put it up for 3k and take between 2750 and 3. Until it sits there for months! Lol. But think I will sell to the mrs for 2200!