The mkiv Supra Owners Club

who uses the dash2

mikeyh

ill just start with sorry for all the questions:innocent: im a newbie to this and havn't a clue but willing to learn;)

is everybody that has them happy with them?

do they do everything you want them to do, and can you easily read everything it is displaying or are you flicking back and forth from screen to screen?

im thinking of purchasing one i will need one to monitor

boost,

egt,

oil temp/pressure,

water etc

as all i have fitted at the minuite is afr gauge and i want to keep a closer eye on things so i have a chance of noticing things next time my car has a problem:rolleyes:

what extras will i need to purchase for the dash to display everything i need i will be using the syvecs ive already got a egt probe

Dash2 fitted here :)

I never need to flick between screens, you can set certain parameters up so if things are not right it will flash them up along with a warning light on the main screen.

You can have what ever sensors you need, just wire them into the ECU and that will send all the info to the Dash2 via a CAN bus lead (which you will need to get aswell). With it going to the ECU that can always shut things down quicker than you will notice any problems, just needs setting up in the Syvecs which Ryan can sort for you.

Dash2 fitted here :)

I never need to flick between screens, you can set certain parameters up so if things are not right it will flash them up along with a warning light on the main screen.

You can have what ever sensors you need, just wire them into the ECU and that will send all the info to the Dash2 via a CAN bus lead (which you will need to get aswell). With it going to the ECU that can always shut things down quicker than you will notice any problems, just needs setting up in the Syvecs which Ryan can sort for you.

so i take it when setting the dash 2 up you can choose what readings you want displayed permently for example id like egt,afr,boost on the main screen

any idea of costs for these sensors and where to purchase them from?

Why a grand dude, mine wasn't that much.

no trade prices for me and despite getting a bit of a discount I ended paying that much for the the unit, cam cable, AFR sensor, oil temp and oil pressure / Sandwich plate (reused my old EGT probe else this needs to be factored in too).

then the cost of getting it setup, sensors installed and also mounting on the dash, but thats additional to the money spent on parts.

no trade prices for me and despite getting a bit of a discount I ended paying that much for the the unit, cam cable, AFR sensor, oil temp and oil pressure / Sandwich plate (reused my old EGT probe else this needs to be factored in too).

then the cost of getting it setup, sensors installed and also mounting on the dash, but thats additional to the money spent on parts.

They can be configured to the stock sensors apparently. If we can get that working it really makes financial sense if you wanted a TRD 10,000 rpm Tach and all the guages the Dash will work out a lot cheaper.

are the standard sensors up to the job?

I would prob trust a sensor designed by MrT more than one made cheaply in China!!!! Im not sure what we are doing with mine yet, Luke was on about 1 thing and Matt another and Ryan is popping in tuesday so that may change things again.

I can do the dash 2 a bit cheaper than that aswell.

Would it not take the AFR feed from the Syvecs (using an AEM sensor)?

Yes it does take the feed from the syvecs, but as this replaces all gauges you are better off selling the aem wideband, there was cheaper options on the arf sensors, cant remember the reason for this one being more money now.

The dash2 does also use the stock sensors from the ecu reading.

so idealy ill be looking at

dash £600

cable to ecu £100

afr sensor £150 at the worst rate plus

oil temp sensor }need an idea of price

oil pressure sensor } need an idea of price

plus having it fitted and having some kind of dash made

You will also want to measure water temp and EGT temp and if your sensible fuel pressure, im hoping I can monitor intake temps too.