The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone else having problems adding new photos to their Garage?

SupraDan24

I've just tried adding a couple of new photo's to my existing Garage, but it just endlessly uploads and never completes. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the size of the images or not. I'm going to try resize them now and see if that helps, just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue?

Well i've resized them, they uploaded fine, but the formats all wrong. Rather than try to explain, if someone can look at both my Garages, the revamped one is the one i've just created, then you'll be able to see the difference. I may just delete it as the pics have come up really grainy lol.

How did you go about re-sizing them? The quality of the pictures don't look great.

It looks as if you have zoomed and cropped them rather than actually resized them? Open the original image up in paint, click resize (windows 7) or go in through the menus to find resize (other OS versions) then scale them down to approx 1000 pixles horizontal (the vertical should adjust automatically). Save as Jpeg, job done.

I used Paint orignally, and scaled them down by 50% but the file size got bigger, i used an online resizer and it worked first time. Tbf, the pics werent the greatest to begin with, i have an old camera lol. It still doesnt explain why the format of the page has changed though, it doesnt scroll through the pics like it does on my other Garage, and it the description box overlaps the Photo.

Don't worry about it Scott, i've just deleted it lol. I'll hold off until i can get some decent photo's when my GoPro arrives then go from there. :D

The reason for the file size increasing is that you will have saved it as BMP, BMP files are generally much larger than Jpeg.

I don't think the pics themselves will have anything to do with the garage layout though, I didn't notice anything strange with yours?