The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Day, 9th April at RS Tuning in Leeds

marc_p

Ok, a small Japanese owners club near me is having a dyno day on the 9th April at RS Tuning in Leeds. So I thought it would be good to get a few of us to go along to show them that the Supra still rules supreme :eyebrows:

So far, from there club there is 2 Supra's(inc mine) going, a couple of Evo's, an FTO and a Honda DelSol, so this should be a walk in the park for us boys ;)

Link to RS Tuning and some info about there Dyno setup:

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/dyno.php

THE KEY POINTS:

What: Dyno Day, anyone is welcome :)

When: 9th April 2011, time 10:00am

Where: RSTuning, Unit 8 Castleton Close, Armley, Leeds, LS12 2DS

Costs: 5-10 Cars will be £40 each, 10+ and it will be £35.

The deposit has already been paid so you don't have to pay until on the day, but if you put your name down, please be fully intending to go, I don't want to say theres 10 of us and only 2 turn up as I'll look like a bit of an idiot.

Available Places: There's no limit that I'm aware of.

Please be aware that as with all dyno's, you put your car on the dyno at your own risk, if the engine blows up, that's your responsibility, obviously if they forget to strap it down and it flys off the rollers into a brick wall that's the Dyno operaters fault, but mechanical damage isn't.

Don't worry though, RS Tuning has a good reputation with top of the range equipment, don't expect a ramshackle of an operation.

Although we are the best of the best, please also be aware that you will be representing the club and basically don't be cruel when we wipe the floor with the others :)

Attending so far:

1)marc_p

2)silvs

3)jon_dragon

Maybe attending:

Thorin (No Dyno run)

johnny g

Edited by marc_p (see edit history)

I might take a trip over to this, not for a dyno run, but just to have a look :)

Yeah sure, no need to go on the dyno, anybody is welcome to just come for a natter :)

If mine's finished then I might venture over. I like RST, good lads.

Would be great if you did, we need a big single there ;)

Marc I don't suppose anyone going to this run would be able to have a look at my blitz uras 4 boost controller. I think it's set up at 1.13 max boost but there's a couple of settings that confuse me. E.g auto/manual boost. There's a setting that was on 0.80 that's now 38 but seems to make no difference to anything. Would be great if someone could have a peek for me!

Much love

Marc I don't suppose anyone going to this run would be able to have a look at my blitz uras 4 boost controller. I think it's set up at 1.13 max boost but there's a couple of settings that confuse me. E.g auto/manual boost. There's a setting that was on 0.80 that's now 38 but seems to make no difference to anything. Would be great if someone could have a peek for me!

Much love

I think the guy with the Evo actually runs the same Boost Controller so he should be able to help you out, besides the guys at RS Tuning appear to be quite knowledgable and I think they'll have seen this boost controller before so will more than likely know how it all works.

My guess though is that the boost level was set at 0.8(stock boost) and it's now at less than stock boost, however a boost controller can't decrease boost, it can only raise it, so lowering it will have no effect.

HTH :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hi is there still a place left will come down sat see if i can get no

Yes mate, still plenty of room :)

Time we meeting guys? I'll be there early doors since am only in Morley. Gwaaan twins please break me 400 :)))

Well, the guys from the other club are getting there for 10am, but I'm happy for us lot to get down earlier if you like? :)

Sweet as mate. Recon for like 9/9:30? Depending on how heavy Friday night get lol. Also gunna need a bit of time fiddling with this boost controller aswell mate. Excited now, the twins feel ready!!!

Happy to meet at 9:30 for a chat before all the inferior cars start turning up:d, Jon isn't coming until midday as he's at work in the morning.

I'll sadly be running at 1.0 bar so I shan't be making 400, hoping for somewhere around 370 tbh.

sound will see you all there

Sounds good fella, I'll be getting there for 9:30 if you want to come a tad earlier.

I'll have to swap my maybe for a "No" - am busy, and el hodge is perfecting the car :)

I was just reading your project thread thinking 'I doubt this'll be ready for Saturday' :D