The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quote me happy

Thorin

Well they did! £790 fully comp from Norwich Union Direct, 27 years old, 5 years protected no claims, 3 points, driveway overnight in a decent area (about as decent as Hull gets). Not bad I thought (although I know somebody is going to come along and tell me they are 21, have 9 points, drink driving charges, zero no claims, and they pay £3.50... well ok maybe not).

Daft thing is I did the quote on their website last night (which you supposedly get a 10% discount for doing!), and it was just over £1k!! Anyone else think this "discount if you buy online" story is just to try and make you think it's a bargain and sign up?

Elephant came back around the same amount as NU but they didn't seem to have an exact description of the car and I wasn't sure that it would actually be down as an import. Liverpool Victoria didn't have my car on their system and couldn't insure me apparently. Adrian Flux came out at £1500 and when I asked why it was so much higher I was told, "well we don't really cater for that type of car" WTF?!? The guy I spoke to at NU was pretty clued up, he said they were trying to set up a "high performance" section in the call center (brief details taken on car make and model first then passed on to the relavent person) to try and get a good deal for high performance cars. He even said they had been trying to "out do" each other with the cars they can get on the books. He was currently winning after insuring some 6.7 litre Bentley or something.

So despite the annoying adverts they came up trumps for me, most of the other companies were around the £900 mark, which is what I was paying last year with a years less no claims.

i know how you feel bud tried adrian flux iam 25 5 years NCB they said around £1800 my freind also drives a TT supra same year as mine with mods listed boost ctrl wheel exhaust etc and he pay £890???????

iam also insured with norwich union for £940 so sounds like we both got a pretty good deal

aslo my wheels are insured as well with them for £2500 i think it cost me like a extra £25 a year:thumbs:

NU have brought all their erm...special cases(?)/high risk policies under their roof instead of farming them out to their brokers Hill House Hammond (who have been shut down).

This is why NUD will have suddenly become a good place to go for a quote.

Our company scheme is through NUD - flipping result with me, the scheme is banded into insurance groupings, my car is in the top at 90 quid a month taken direct from my pay.

Not that I'm fussed, 1080 a year, including fully comp on any driver, business use for anyone in my company, breakdown etc etc etc against 2300 the next nearest quote :D

Can't understand why they want so much to insure a Skyline after killing a supe...... :innocent:

Originally posted by Steve Cargill

Not with my Renault Dustbin they wern't.

I was with LV for the Supra and they came back at £350 for the Laguna. I was Quoted Happy at nearly £700 :eek: :eek:

Try hastings next time on laguna v-cheep

I think you forgot to say "quote me happy"

I'm with NUD for house insurance and they gave me a crap quote. I said is this cos I did't say "quote me happy"? She laughed and re-calculated and came back with a low quote! Very suspicious.

:(

I just got a quote from NUD for £915 with £420 excess, nowhere near my best so far - £750 from Adrian Flux and Elephant. I won't go with Elephant, their customer service is appalling.

I'm 27, 8yrs No claims (5 protected), live in a quiet rural area and have no points - how did it end up more expensive? They were only interested in performance modifications so I told them I had an aftermarket exhaust. I would love to know how they work these things out :confused:

I hate renewal time, I spent the whole morning yesterday trying to sort my insurance out. It has now gone down a grand total of £150 since I bought my car two years ago!

Why employ people who generally know nothing about cars? They just tap away at the computer and see what comes out -'sorry sir, we don't cover blah blah'

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2002/04/1.gif

They (the sales people) ask the questions in the wrong order.

If they asked about the car first, they could cut down on all the other shit. Why bother asking name, postcode, NCD, dog's collar size etc. if they then go (and we've all heard it) SORRY, WE DON'T DO THOSE CARS!!! :mad:

This gets my goat.

NUD wouldnt insure my import, as thet said they dont insure them anymore.

I questioned it as they inusrued my import prelude, and said they dont know why they did, but confirm it did say import on the policy. She went of to check for about 5minutes (coffee maybe??) and said, her supervisor said they dont - helmets

Adrian Flux £1293

Tesco £893

Allen & Allen £690.

30yr old

8yr ncb

driveway

import

slight mods

Cheers

SV

Originally posted by trooper

They (the sales people) ask the questions in the wrong order.

If they asked about the car first, they could cut down on all the other shit. Why bother asking name, postcode, NCD, dog's collar size etc. if they then go (and we've all heard it) SORRY, WE DON'T DO THOSE CARS!!! :mad:

Because they want your details to either send you crap, or sell it so others can send you crap.

I just got a price of £855 from Norwich Union for my import Supe which is miles less than the £1000+ quotes from everyone else!

According to their website only the following imported vehicles are not covered:

BMW Alpina

Hummer H1

Hummer H2

Isuzu Vehicross

Nissan Skyline

Nissan Figaro

Renault Twingo

Toyota Altezza

Toyota Soarer

Originally posted by hogmaw

According to their website only the following imported vehicles are not covered:

BMW Alpina

Hummer H1

Hummer H2

Isuzu Vehicross

Nissan Skyline

Nissan Figaro

Renault Twingo

Toyota Altezza

Toyota Soarer

Ah well it depends on which day and at what time and what lunar cycle we are on:D I think they may even have a chart on the wall and slotted blinds and when you phone up they only cover cars that have sun on them :p