The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do I need to go BPU?

Josh

I'm thinking of getting the parts together to go BPU.

At the moment I have a 1st decat a Blitz Nur Spec R and a boost gauge to keep an eye on boost. I take it from reading the BPU page that I need a FCD, a boost controller and a 2nd decat.

I'll check the intercooler at the weekend to see if it's ok, if not then a new one'll be on the list too.

If people could recommend parts for me that would be great. I'm in no rush, I want to get the right parts over time and not just do it cheaply to start with.

Also am I right in thinking I won't need a restrictor ring as the UK turbos have a large enough wastegate?

Thanks for any help :thumbs:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need to ask that with how long you have been on here and your post count and your advice to others you really are a duffus :D

You answered your own question in reading the BPU guide lol

What make of FCD is best?

What make of boost controller is best?

Where can I get a good 2nd decat from as I've seen them range from £80 to £200 on Ebay?

Everything is on the BPU thread, Josh. And, for £100 I'd get a new Walbro pump, even though you have a UK car, with a larger pump, it's probably past it's best.

Definitely get an intercooler, other decat, AFR gauge and a boost controller.

Speak to a trader on here - Chris Wilson or Whifbitz are my choices. Get a known boost controller, again speak to the traders. HKS do good ones.

What make of FCD is best?

What make of boost controller is best?

Where can I get a good 2nd decat from as I've seen them range from £80 to £200 on Ebay?

Fcuk knows lol Im off to play mallets mallet :D

depends if you want new or second hand bits to what you use I guess... if you want new go for your budget,

if you want used its a awaiting game I guess

Everything is on the BPU thread, Josh. And, for £100 I'd get a new Walbro pump, even though you have a UK car, with a larger pump, it's probably past it's best.

Definitely get an intercooler, other decat, AFR gauge and a boost controller.

Speak to a trader on here - Chris Wilson or Whifbitz are my choices. Get a known boost controller, again speak to the traders. HKS do good ones.

I'll have a chat to bignum as there's all ready an uprated fuel pump fitted so I'll speak to him before doing anything.

Thanks Johnny :)

Comedy thread :)

But being helpfully for a sec you will need a fcd. Then the turbos will get to 1.2 or 1.3 on a cold day. No need for a restrictor ring or a boost controller on a uk spec. Although I added one so I could manage the boost a little easier on drag days :)

It also seemed to make the car faster maybe or at least feel faster. Maybe it was the scramble boost feature helping the 'laggy' uk turbos but I'm not sure.

If you can afford it get a afr guage and sensor. Usefull and looks cool

I have a twin pillar pod going cheep if you want it. Already attached to the stock trim. With a 52mm and 60 guage hole. ;)

Comedy thread :)

But being helpfully for a sec you will need a fcd. Then the turbos will get to 1.2 or 1.3 on a cold day. No need for a restrictor ring or a boost controller on a uk spec. Although I added one so I could manage the boost a little easier on drag days :)

It also seemed to make the car faster maybe or at least feel faster. Maybe it was the scramble boost feature helping the 'laggy' uk turbos but I'm not sure.

If you can afford it get a afr guage and sensor. Usefull and looks cool

I have a twin pillar pod going cheep if you want it. Already attached to the stock trim. With a 52mm and 60 guage hole. ;)

Cool thanks :)

So I'll need to get a FCD and more than likely a boost controller unless it's really not needed.

Money isn't really a problem so if I need/would benefit from an AFR gauge/sensor then I will get one. I'm also in no rush to get it done so I can get the parts over time :)

I'll let you know about the twin pillar pod.

Cheers mate :thumbs:

Even though an afr and Egt gauge isnt an essential requirement I would want to see whats going on with the fueling and exhaust temps :)

and as said by guigsy looks good too with the twin pillar pod ;)

Cool well I've got the boost gauge and voltmeter in a pod on the left hand side of the dash. An A pillar pod would look cool too :)

I'll have a look and see what parts would be best. Even if I get all the parts together soon, I won't BPU it until the weather improves.

Oh and I have colder grade plugs all ready.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)