The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Passenger door opening problem

evinX

Hi all, i have a problem with my alarm and central locking, i have a toad alarm fitted, so once the car is started with the doors closed, it locks itself. I can open the driver door from the inside but not the outside, and you cant open the passenger door from the outside or inside. Now not being able to open them from the outside is fine, but if i want to open my passenger door from the inside i have to disarm the alarm, now thats shows me that the locking units in the doors work fine, but why cant the passenger side be opened from the inside when armed just like the driver side?

Im thinking relay problems but i dont have a clue where to start to get this problem solved, suggestions please.

thanks, Kevin

Wasnt it just a safety feature for the driver? that it can be opened from in the side in the case of a accident when locked? however the passenger cant

Im sure both my supra where the same

As for opening the passenger door from the inside, just press the door unlock button on the drivers door? :rolleyes: or turn anti jacking off

If not, its probably a build up of hammerite stopping the locking motor

Wasnt it just a safety feature for the driver? that it can be opened from in the side in the case of a accident when locked? however the passenger cant

Im sure both my supra where the same

As for opening the passenger door from the inside, just press the door unlock button on the drivers door? :rolleyes: or turn anti jacking off

If not, its probably a build up of hammerite stopping the locking motor

You may be right there ric I'll go check one now.

@CW Seriously, get lost, i dont want people thinking my car is tinkered all over with dog piss just becuase a dog whizzed on my rear spat. Its disgusting and i dont find it funny because i take pride in keeping my car clean. Nasty little thing it is, looks like someone stepped in it already anways..LOLZ

Edited by evinX (see edit history)

What is the actual issue here? Is it that you can open the drivers door while it is locked by simply pulling the handle and you can't do the same with the passengers? If so that is totally normal, I asked the question a couple of months back and found that this is in fact the way it is designed. It is to allow the driver to make a quick exit from the car regardless of the current state of the lock. To open the passengers door simply flick the lock inside the handle to allow it to be opened.

If the issue is that once you disarm the alarm or turn off the ignition that the locks don't automatically open then that is an alarm fault. Also if you cannot flick the switch to open the door manually then that is also an alarm fault.

Sorry I got confused reading the replies, some people seem to have read something different from me so I wanted to cover both bases :D