The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had my HSD's Fitted

optim8

Just got my car back from having HSD's fitted. Bought them back in October on the DW Group Buy Offer.

Absolutely transform the car, feels so much more planted than with Stock. I had the ride height set the same as I had (JSpec), I did think about dropping it a bit, but figured I can do that later if I fancy it.

Been playing around the with the Dampening Adjustment a bit and it amazes me how dramatically the ride can be changed as you adjust, I'm going to have a lot of fun this summer me thinks!!!!:)

I used a family firm in Thornbury called Miles Tyres. I found them last year through one of the other forums and I honestly can say their service has been one of the best I've ever come across. They were super friendly and everything they stripped, was then cleaned and greased before being put back on the car, and when I picked the car up they went through everything that had been done before getting me to go out on a test drive to ensure I was 100% happy. Only after this would they take my money and even then the price was a pleasant surprise considering they'd fitted the HSD's, rebalanced my wheels, fixed a puncture and fully set the whole car up.

As you can tell I'm happy!! ;)

Just had mine fitted too. Have you fiddled yet with your soft/hard settings?

Excellent news, I've currently got it set on 3 which feel pretty much like my JSpecs were. I also tried setting it to 9 which was certainly very different and starting to get a bit bone shakey!! Gunna have more of a play at the weekend I hope.

Excellent news, I've currently got it set on 3 which feel pretty much like my JSpecs were. I also tried setting it to 9 which was certainly very different and starting to get a bit bone shakey!! Gunna have more of a play at the weekend I hope.

Did you run them in before messing with the settings? I'm guessing as you had them fitted elsewhere you didn't need to look at the instructions, hopefully the guy pointed that out to you :)

I thought it was 500 mile break in using the softest mode, Rob corrected me in saying that it is 100 miles.

Did you run them in before messing with the settings? I'm guessing as you had them fitted elsewhere you didn't need to look at the instructions, hopefully the guy pointed that out to you :)

I thought it was 500 mile break in using the softest mode, Rob corrected me in saying that it is 100 miles.

Cheers Scott, only done a few miles on setting 3 and up and down the road on 9 so will change to 1 and go for a 100 mile spin :-)

I ran mine in (100 miles) on lowest setting. I quite like it it to be honest given my previous bone shaking suspension. Then I set front & back to 8 (half-way) which was too hard really for road use, but obviously a nice set-up for a track. Now I'm on 4 and I'm liking this.

The other thing is that even though they say 100 miles to run in, the fact that the car itself is resting on these things even while stationary is helping bed them in (according to Tony @ WIM)

Evening, those that have HSD's fitted, did your set come with green nurled bits that go over the dampening adjusters? I don't have any but the pictures on DW show them! Just wondered if the pics show old versions or something. Cheers.

yes they did.

Evening, those that have HSD's fitted, did your set come with green nurled bits that go over the dampening adjusters? I don't have any but the pictures on DW show them! Just wondered if the pics show old versions or something. Cheers.

Pretty sure that is the old version. The new version has a knurled adjustment shaft sticking out that can accept an allen key. The old ones would be removable etc, a little unsightly like the ones I had on my megan racing coilovers.