The mkiv Supra Owners Club

double de cat noise

ronttuk

anyone know how much louder a uk spec will be with a double de cat rather than just a 2nd decat i know it will depend on the exhaust but would it be loads louder?

My car wasn't any louder when i took out my first cat. I think my car is probably the loudest tt i've heard though & don't know is it possable to get much louder lol.

My N/A went from sounding like a slightly deep and grumbly 6 pot to what can only be described as f*cking ridiculous when flat out on the loud pedal with a double de-cat! :) Died down a little when the exhaust coked up slightly though. Not quite as offensive anymore.

My N/A went from sounding like a slightly deep and grumbly 6 pot to what can only be described as f*cking ridiculous when flat out on the loud pedal with a double de-cat! :) Died down a little when the exhaust coked up slightly though. Not quite as offensive anymore.

Removing the cats on an NA makes a big difference to the noise level.

On a TT you may notice a slight change in the tone of the exhaust, but not a big difference in noise level.

No it won't! :(

I did both cats at the same time when I did mine... Why are you even asking about how loud it is? You will only be interested in how good it sounds! DO IT!

It will if you get the exhaust hot. Have evidence from the rear facing camera at 8min30 at the 'ring just changing gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/4packet#p/a/u/0/rbIHbnddT-g

Stock ECU, Nur Spec R, double de cat with 1bar RR.

Edited by 4packet (see edit history)

No it won't! :(

I did both cats at the same time when I did mine... Why are you even asking about how loud it is? You will only be interested in how good it sounds! DO IT!

I had a hks exhaust on my n/a the mrs hated the noise so i dont want to deafen her again

I did some comparison videos when I put my Nur Spec R on. One with the stock exhaust, one with no catback exhaust and one with the Blitz.

When I go BPU I'll get one with the Blitz, one with no exhaust or cats then one with the Blitz plus both decats.

anyone know how much louder a uk spec will be with a double de cat rather than just a 2nd decat i know it will depend on the exhaust but would it be loads louder?

i had the 2nd cat out when i changed the exhaust to hks hi-power silent not that silent imo, it did make it louder, however when the first cat came out and the f-con v pro ecu went in it got louder again, it kinds of rumbles now like a v8 muscle car

So you thrash it when its cold? Your a bad man !! Poor Supra :(

Yes I thrash my pride and joy whilst the engine is still cold :rolleyes:

Logic would dictate that I'm talking about the current outside temperature. Colder weather = More dense air = more boost = Fuel cut hitting at lower revs