The mkiv Supra Owners Club

carbon fibre vinyl

Parry_10

I want to get my trial rear splitter section and my do-luck front centre section wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl just seeing if anybody knows any good places in the south of england for this(around surrey area preferably).

There is a place called surrey car radio not far from me who have a decent vinyl which has a textured effect but the colour of it is a matt style finish rather than shiny and I want mine to be a shiny finish so its goes with my carbon bonnet

Chris

I think you might struggle to get a 'shiny' finish from anywhere using a vinyl wrap mate. The shine or gloss finish comes from covering in a clear coat (resin and/or lacquer), which does not react well with the carbon effect vinyl.

To the best of my knowledge this would only be achievable over true carbon fibre material - so you need to find someone that can do the carbon fibre skinning of those parts really.

yeh I had a feeling that was the case, my options are to go for the carbon fibre vinyl to katch with my bonnet just wont be a shiny finish, or to just go for a shiny black vinyl but that might look abit odd, im thinking the proper carbon effect vinyl whats everyone elses opinion?

yeh thats a fair point, im not trying to make it look like its real carbon fibre by the way I just think that it would look good to have those bits in a carbon wrap to go with the bonnet rather than just the silver and its something abit different rather than just a coloured vinyl that people usually do the trial rear and do luck parts in

Well do you have a rough idea on a price and where I would need to go to get it done? Been quoted around £150 for the vinyl inc fitting

You could give Jamie_P a PM as I know his old Red supe had the front Do-Luck coated in carbon in the centre, can't remember if they did his Trial rear aswell though.

Ok mate cheers, ill pm him i would definatley prefer to go down that route depending on cost if not maybe ill just go for a gloss black

Gloss black would look better than the matt carbon imo, one of the guy's on SF has done this and it looks quite cool IMO, I'll try and dig out a pic.

Guest blueangel

they can take a picture and reproduce it dude giving the image of finished carbon , my dad does it i contemplated having my roof done when i had the problems with my paint