The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine seal kit & Oil filter questions.

SamuraiFlash

Thanks Dunk thats a fantastic price :) No not rebuilding her just yet, I may get the valve stem seals done sometime next year and was going to get bits together so that i can replace other parts while the head was off.

The car smokes a little on start up, but that could be down to the cold weather or oil grade (10w40 currently in engine, will be changing to 5w40 in the next week or so).

Will the oil pump be accessible enough to be replaced with the head off?

BTW dunk how much will you be able to get the Bilsten shock absorbers with stock springs for?

Edited by SamuraiFlash (see edit history)

Thanks Dunk thats a fantastic price :) No not rebuilding her just yet, I may get the valve stem seals done sometime next year and was going to get bits together so that i can replace other parts while the head was off.

The car smokes a little on start up, but that could be down to the cold weather or oil grade (10w40 currently in engine, will be changing to 5w40 in the next week or so).

Will the oil pump be accessible enough to be replaced with the head off?

BTW dunk how much will you be able to get the Bilsten shock absorbers with stock springs for?

The weather wont make it smoke on start up, steam yes smoke no. Very easy to confuse the two. If its burnt oil smoke and goes after a couple of seconds it will more than likely be valve stem seals

Engine out or sump/subframe out to get at the oil pump.

I'll have to check on the shocks and springs