The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crashed

shaz2010

Hi all my brother crashed my car on friday he pull away from a mini roundabout and lost the back end and on the other side of the road hit a very big about a 2 foot stone kerb :imsorry::thumbdown:

Body work took no impact but the alloys are shot, both front and back drivers side. rear took most the damage the wheel is bent in over . im going to have a proper look as its in my depo and was to busy today it drove from where he crashed it ok just felt like the back end was on ice skate's. i had a qiuck look under it as i left work and seen that what looks like the rear Stabilizer but a bit longer

also i think what is a tie rod they are both bent like a boomarag :( once i get the wheel off tomorrow gonna start to strip the bent parts off and get new one's ....

if any one can point me or have some pics of the rear layout of the supra suspension so i can figure out whats what. cheers

also im now on the hunt for some new deep dish alloys .

Edited by shaz2010 (see edit history)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope his younger & smaller than you! :D

Get some pictures up, some member might be able to point you in the right direction to what needs doing.

Don't know why we need pictures of his brother. You wanting Hovis of something??

Also, I reckon he won't need advice on what needs doing. Just keep punching, kicking and if necessary, biting, until said brother cries and begs forgiveness.

I no a was angry like but i forgive him said there was oil in the road that made the back end kick out and lose control.. cheers for the pics nic!

i got the wheel off today and both wheels are nackad, got the strut rod off (that was bent) and the lower suspesion arm was just about snaped in half . it must off took all the impact. as for the hub it looks ok, the bottom of it where the strut rod bolts onto is just off by 10mm. Gonna order the two parts and get them then see how the wheel will sit! Hopefully thats all it takes but am not banking on it >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-rear-diff-subframe-drive-train-conver-/250515668255?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a53e5bd1f Might need one of these if the wheel doesnt sit right.

im gonna do disk and pads, anti roll bar + bushes ,new suspension all round drop links while its off the road for now aswell. cheers for the concerns and if a need any help ill post pics up . cheers :)

B0ll0cks!!!! Its amazing how much 'oil' and 'diesel' there is on roundabouts these days!!

I was driving up the A1 a few days back and was shocked how much spillage was on the roads - pretty much all of it was on roundabouts too. Granted it's a well-heeled excuse for twatting a car, but there's probably a sliver of truth in there somewhere.

I was driving up the A1 a few days back and was shocked how much spillage was on the roads - pretty much all of it was on roundabouts too. Granted it's a well-heeled excuse for $#@!ting a car, but there's probably a sliver of truth in there somewhere.

In this case, I'm doubting it massively!!!

lol nightmare mate busy roundabout aswell , na wasnt near mine is was in south shields just before ocean road as. he was at his girlfriends house. i no am gutted he said there was oil in the road in a diff street and must have made him lose it. er well shit happens! Gutted but what can i do if it had of been a friend i would of done summit about it but hes not lol (wishs it wasnt) :()

got the bits off but am stuck on what to order. help please.

never took any parts of it since ive bought it, whats parts are the ones that bolt onto the bottom of the hub one is about a foot long and goes on a angle towards the end of the diff support unit, and the other is one about half a foot long and is stright looking at it from the wheel. its on the rear drivers side and it runs next to the drive shaft . they both bolt onto the bottom of the hub.

Ithink its the tie rod (the longer one) and lower suspension arm (shorter one) if some one has pics to point out as i diddnt have the cam at work today forgot it thismorning . ta