The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Attention members with 2.5inch decats!

Samurai 20V

Would like to know what size restrictor rings you guys are using and what boost you are getting as a result..Would like an idea of were to start.

My plan is to run 2.5inch decats with a 2 inch RR and hope for 0.9bar boost. My car has the Kakimoto 80mm 2 box exhaust. Think this is feasible?

Eventually I will fit water meth since only 95octane available for low boost and use race fuel(98 octane + water meth or 104 Sunoco w/o water meth) for 1.1bar on racedays..

Thanks!

i have a 2.5inch double decats and 2 inch or 1bar RR and pushed 1bar spot on somtimes just over as fuel cut would somtime kick in. but have a less restrictive exhaust then you have as i only have a back box on mine and HKS racing air filter.

if your looking to up the boost to 1.1bar for race days it might be better to fit a boost controller then when u dont need the extra power u could just switch it off and go back to your 0.9 or 1bar of boost.

if you want to push over 1bar you will need to fit a fuel cut defencer and would be best to fit some irdium spark plugs to. think you would just get away without upgradeing the fuel pump

i have a 2.5inch double decats and 2 inch or 1bar RR and pushed 1bar spot on somtimes just over as fuel cut would somtime kick in. but have a less restrictive exhaust then you have as i only have a back box on mine and HKS racing air filter.

if your looking to up the boost to 1.1bar for race days it might be better to fit a boost controller then when u dont need the extra power u could just switch it off and go back to your 0.9 or 1bar of boost.

if you want to push over 1bar you will need to fit a fuel cut defencer and would be best to fit some irdium spark plugs to. think you would just get away without upgradeing the fuel pump

I am planning on fitting a boost controller, if I can achieve 0.9bar with that setup I will be happy... FCD and TRD plugs and fuel pump change are on the cards..

Judgin from your setup should be possible, but will have to test it out to confirm..

Thanks!

@Kaahari - You said 3" midpipe so I assume you had the first cat on?