The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling Road day invite from SXOC

nevins

Right then guys, I have just been asked if there would be any interest from members on here for a rolling road day. It will be at Got Boost in Bridgend on the 27th of March. They have invited members on here along due to us inviting them to our trackday last year.

Would be good to have a few supras along on the day.

The day will be held at Got boosts new mainline dyno cell in Bridgend, initial reports though are that many people have been disappointed by the brutal truth of a realistic reading this setup can provide.

Everyone likes big figures but if they are not accurate then you just look like a knob when you put your figures up online and everyone tells you your dreaming (as happens way to often on this forum lol)

We will be limiting the numbers to 20 cars due to the time taken to properly setup the cars, if the interest is good then another day can be arranged.

You will be getting the basic power run which consists of 2 back to back runs with AFR logging, You will be given a customer printout showing Power and TQ at the wheels, along with AFR ( air fuel ratio or lambda ) and a boost log for each run. Customers will then be given advice on what improvements can be made.

The cell is brand new and will accept the lowest of cars so no need to worry about getting on the rollers

Anyway the cost...

A £10 non refundable deposit will be required ASAP to secure the date and this will then be deducted from the cost of the run payable on the day.

For one session on the rollers the cost is £35.

Thanks Gareth

Edited by nevins (see edit history)

Guest VIDAL BABBOON

Hi Guys,

Im Nick from the SXOC.

Thought it a perfect time to pop in and introduce myself and also say thanks for inviting SXOC to your last Track day.

It was very much appreciated and we are all looking forward to having a few more over the course of this year.

Anyway, there appears to be some confusion at to the setup of the rollers we are going to be using for our day, so I'm here to give some answers.

I have known the operator for a few years now and Craig started off over By Llandow circuit, however now with the purchase of a Mainline Dyno he has teamed up with another local tuner to provide a full mod to map service.

Now the first thing to make you aware of is the Mainline setup takes no prisoners. In the words of Craig "she's a real heart breaker". This is due to the accuracy of the whole package giving as close to the real world figures that you can get.

I notice there are concerns at cars being run in 5th, don't worry you wont have enough power to outrun these rollers.

The setup is rated to a Maximum speed rating of 240kph, and the dyno itself is rated to over 1200WHP ( yes – at the wheels! ) subject to correct strap down procedure and suitable ramp rate to aid traction.

The Mainline is very advanced and compensated for windage correction/losses, whilst bluntly put corrects for wheels speed and windage losses through the rollers, long and short is that the figures will be pretty close whatever gear the car is ran in, unlike a Dyno Dynamics where lower gears results in much higher figures. We generally run in a gear that allows simple strapping, if there is something that is particularly torquey then we would consider using a higher gear, or strapping the vehicle to allow use of a lower gear, power figures remain very close regardless. We have so far held a new XKR ( 500+bhp ) at maximum torque steady state without issue ( 500+ftlbs ). Its all in the strapping, if there is anything coming over 500bhp or so i would appreciate being told as the car is loaded on so we can take relative precautions ;)

If you do have something that is going to push the boundaries then let me know and i will pay to see it out of my own pocket :D

Just to reiterate, please be aware that the big power cars will have to be correctly strapped to get the figures from them so if you could let me know if any of you are going to be over 500WHP that would be very helpful and may mean you jump the que or have to wait a bit while we get though the less powerful stuff.

Also please note we do not do PUB FIGURES so all info and printouts are at the wheels.

The video below is of a mainline dyno although not the one at GOT BOOST it will reassure you to see the video I'm sure.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PJcLFko_T7M

And if you have never heard of Mainline check out the video below.

I trust that has answered all your questions and if you have any more i will do my utmost to answer them.

Hope to see you guys soon

Regards

Nick

Edited by VIDAL BABBOON (see edit history)

Right then guys to keep it simple, for those who want to take part just follows these easy steps.

1. make a £10 deposit to the following paypal account [email protected] . Please state your name and mkiv in the note

2. On the day pay £25 to Craig from got boost. ( this is for 2 back to back runs)

£. Enjoy the day.

Edited by nevins (see edit history)

Guest VIDAL BABBOON

We need 20 total and so far we have 8 including you.

I have 2 others from the SXOC that are sorting money out within the next few days though.

So nearly 1/2 way there already :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VIDAL BABBOON

LOL

Not long now,it's the 10th already !

Need to get my boost map sorted this weekend or im going to be running on base for the RR...