The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing my engine

Bailey.

Next weekend we will be removing my engine for a refresh and single swap. Has anyone got any tips, or things to watch for when doing this??

One thing I'm unsure about is do you remove the engine and box as one? Or just the engine? I have seen it done both ways but what's the best way. Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Well ive taken mine out engine only and with box and would say do both together, as for back end high i didnt do it like that i just made it so the whole car was 6" higher then normal and used a good engine hoist.

But dont forget to take the front bumper and crash panel off to allow plenty of room for the hoist, and use a good strap or chains.

I've never jacked the back of the car up or removed the shifter cradle lol.......

You can get the engine out with the car on the ground after you have removed everthing, but it help to jack the front a little. Leave all the loom on the engine, you can take the ps pump and ac cond off so you don't need to regas ect or if your not bothered leave them on.

I've never jacked the back of the car up or removed the shifter cradle lol.......

You can get the engine out with the car on the ground after you have removed everthing, but it help to jack the front a little. Leave all the loom on the engine, you can take the ps pump and ac cond off so you don't need to regas ect or if your not bothered leave them on.

Definatley as above! Take the gearbox with it! It's quicker and easier than seperating the two. Get a mate to help feed the engine loom through, that helps alot!

The whole lot comes out together fully assembled. You will have to take the bumper, bonnet, Front mount intercooler off and depending on the hoist you have maybe the front cradle that the lights bolts to. This will give you more room to push the hoist all the way in.