The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trying to bpu anyone in nottingham help

bigjools

hi all is anyone in notts ive got jspec tt auto its now decated still to fit fcd /boost gauge and still to find ebc fuel pump air fillter plugs i think thats it to reach bpu but what i could do with is someone close to have a go in it to see if everything is comming on as it should any help would be great thanks all forgot ive got 1st &2nd decats with rr + old exhaust with cats if any wants to swop for bits i need cheers for help

Edited by bigjools (see edit history)

i did not no had to check the intercooler how do you do that and yes its decated

If you have the stock side mounted intercooler fitted look in the drivers side opening in the front bumper, check the condition of the cooling fins if they are missing, corroded and crumbling to the touch then it could really do with replacing.

If it were me, a new FMIC would be high on my list if i was going to be running 80bhp odd more that MrT intended, on a 10+ year old car. They're not even that dear.

I wouldn't advocate a cheap FMIC, they are likely to be lot less efficient than a brand new stock or good quality aftermarket side mounted intercooler. If you do fit an FMIC then get a good quality one - expensive - and make sure it is properly ducted so the air is forced to pass through it.

I wouldn't advocate a cheap FMIC, they are likely to be lot less efficient than a brand new stock or good quality aftermarket side mounted intercooler. If you do fit an FMIC then get a good quality one - expensive - and make sure it is properly ducted so the air is forced to pass through it.

I said they weren't that expensive, not buy a cheapo one.

Edit: Whiftbitz FMIC

Perfect for what you need and only £360inc VAT

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

No not really, its all relative. Not everyone needs to go buy a £1200 Blitz one. Your idea of cheap may be completely different to mine, a cheap no brand ebay jobby is what i was referring too. That one is a Garage Whifbitz FMIC, good for up to 550bhp and seeing as Paul is selling it, its going to be good quality. He's going BPU, that FMIC is more than adequate.

intercooler is i think no good bits ov the fins just fall off so this may take more time and money but do i do the rest first or intrercooler

You can fit the parts but I would keep the boost down to stock levels - using the restrictor ring - until you have replaced the intercooler. Even at stock boost levels you should feel the turbos spin up quicker without the cats.