The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got a battery and wow!!!

damadom

Hey all got a battery for my supra that had been sitting on the drive for 4 years and never moved (i know its a sin) hooked it all up i wasnt expecting it to start first time but wow it started first without any problems what so ever im so happy with the result, all i need to do now is get it mot'd and on the road hopefully in the next mounth or so once a sell my vectra.

Matt

Nice one :) Shame on you for not using it for 4 years :D

If it has not been stored under a cover you may want to replace the discs and pads before you try and move it.

Change the oil.. then change it again after a descent run in case of any surface rust from internal components being worn off and being transferred around the engine (may be fine but best to be sure)

Also don’t forget to check the coolant and gearbox fluid (if an auto).

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Nice one :) Shame on you for not using it for 4 years :D

If it has not been stored under a cover you may want to replace the discs and pads before you try and move it.

Change the oil.. then change it again after a descent run in case of any surface rust from internal components being worn off and being transferred around the engine (may be fine but best to be sure)

Also don’t forget to check the coolant and gearbox fluid (if an auto).

Put some new petrol in it 2. I'm surprised it started with 4 year old stuff in lol

Good point.... :D

Probably need some new tyres as well!

All the advice above and give it a wash with a clean air fresher ;)

Hey all got a battery for my supra that had been sitting on the drive for 4 years and never moved (i know its a sin) hooked it all up i wasnt expecting it to start first time but wow it started first without any problems what so ever im so happy with the result, all i need to do now is get it mot'd and on the road hopefully in the next mounth or so once a sell my vectra.

Matt

Hmmm

Well has been sat on the drive since sept last year and in the garage since before then as my dad didn't drive it anymore, just going to get it motd and service it and have a good drive with a full tank of petrol and then put some new oil in it and that should help.