The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respect to supras from all!!

tbourner

I emailed this link to a bloke at work who is absolutely obsessed with Diablos:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23446

He replied with this:

In the Diablo's defense:

I don't think the car's primary mission was to ever be easy to drive.

With the introduction of the very first Diablo in 1990, it became clear that it's first mission was to beat the Ferrari F40 in a straight line, which it did by 1 mph!!!

The Diablo's priorities are clearly in the looking drop dead gorgeous category and the making thunder swallowing noises category? It was only when the sensible Germans took over Lamborghini a couple of years ago that the Diablo 6.0VT was released (like the yellow one you snapped for me last year!) and Lamborghini gave the world a user friendly car that even mortals

could drive!

That said however, the Diablo SV was supposed to be the most hardcore version of the Lambo family tree for years. If you think back to what we were saying earlier about drivers who were perhaps not skilled enough for aggressive performance cars; that is to question their ability to drive them properly, then perhaps the likes of the non-believers out there (BigRoy / MrAngry!) might try something easier instead (like a Toyota Supra!!!)...

The defense rests!!!

Best Regards

Stu!

Then I replied and said fair enough I just thought he'd like to read it, and some of the Supes on the site would probably keep up with a Diablo anyway - so watch what he says!!!!

He then replied with this:

My sisters boyfriend used to own a '93 Supra and obviously he had to take me for a drive in it! I was totally unprepared for what awaited me as he floored the thing and it just swallowed miles of tarmac in seconds and thanks to the twin turbos (something else I had never experienced before or since!) the Supra charged hard and didn't let up for a moment, even after we passed the 160mph point on the dial... He bottled it first and let up at that point but he was sure that there was plenty more he could squeeze out of it - UNBELIEVABLE!!!

It was amazing that a bog standard Toyota was capable of so much relentless grunt! A true eye opener.

Best Regards

Stuart

Converted!!! :D

Probably made from recycled sardine tins.

There is a big blue Diablo round here. It looks and sounds amazing.

I was behind it once in one of my old bangers when the driver booted it up the local test track. The road presence and noise was awesome, best rust bucket I every ever seen;)

I know the earlier ones suffered very badly with rust which I think they sorted with the later models. At the end of the day what do you expect, it's Italian :)

If I was loaded I'd have one just for the looks and noise alone, I love 'em. :thumbs: