The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changing TRD clocks back to stock

SupraDan24

I've asked this Q a couple of times now, but havent been able to get a definitive answer, so hopefully this time. The problem may have be down to my terminology. I currently have TRD 320kmph clocks (which now read in Mph) on my Facelift Supra, and i want to change them back to stock. What is it exactly i need to change, do i need to remove the whole speedo/tachometer itself and change the whole thing out with Facelift stock ones, or are the TRD ones themeselves just stock clocks with TRD faces, in which case i can just remove the faces and put stock ones back on. If the latter is true, how do i go about getting it re-calibrated so it reads the correct speed on the new faces? If it's the former, what do i do about the mileage as it is being recordered mechanically on the Speedo.

Thanks

Dan

Here is a photo of what i have now.

Clocks1.jpg

Why you wanting to change them mate...these are expensive bits of kit:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?238230-TRD-**SERIES-2**-320km-h-Speedometers-now-IN-STOCK!!!&p=3026078#post3026078

I think that re-calibrating the speedo would have to be done on a rolling road ideally, but I'm sure someone will clarify whether this is the case.:thumbs:

Thats some low mileage you have!!!

You shouldn't need to re-calibrate anything as long as you replace them with the appropriate TT speedo/Rev Counter etc. The whole dial itself is replaced. When you open up the dial casing there will be a few screws holding it in and probably a plug or wires or something like that. From the link above you can see what bit I mean.

So basically, the same signal gets fed into the dial unaltered, regardless of what dial you have, its the dial itself that interperates it and shows the correct speed? I was assumed this was done prior to reaching the dial.

Yup, certain revs will = a certain frequency. The dials will be set according to the face of the dial to suit :)

Not sure at all on that one bud. You could do mileage correction but it would never be spot on.

Did you receive your car with them originally? Personally I would query the mileage, anyone with facelift TRD dials that aren't factory fitted has a fake mileage readout.

The major issue with us facelifts is getting the mileage changed, the numbers very often won't line up correctly. The digital mileage is FAR easier :(

i have a facelift speedo the 180 if you want to swap ;-)..

your car here http://jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2008/supra42.html

as scott m says most TRD clocks dont show official miles..(as these can be fitted at any time)

but your car has around 66000km, actual miles is around 41,000 miles when it arrived to UK.

but it has had these TRD in there which says its lower (but its not far off)..

but you can keep these link from my site and also we have a copy of auction sheet if you never got one..

its one way of keeping a record for future sale..

cheers

let me know if you want a swap

Cheers Jurgen, the picture at the top of the clocks is an old one, way before i bought it, i just used it as it was of the clocks. I emailed you before i bought it to verify the mileage, i'll double check i have the form though. I'm looking for both the speedo and the tachometer so if you have both i'd consider a PX ;) I still need to know what i do about the mileage though, surely someone on here knows the answer to this. If i swap the clocks over for standard ones, how do i transfer the mileage over??

Cheers Jurgen, the picture at the top of the clocks is an old one, way before i bought it, i just used it as it was of the clocks. I emailed you before i bought it to verify the mileage, i'll double check i have the form though. I'm looking for both the speedo and the tachometer so if you have both i'd consider a PX ;) I still need to know what i do about the mileage though, surely someone on here knows the answer to this. If i swap the clocks over for standard ones, how do i transfer the mileage over??

You can get your mileage "clocked", they take out your gauges and change the dials to read whatever you wish.

Also interested in a part exchange for them both.

You can get your mileage "clocked", they take out your gauges and change the dials to read whatever you wish.

Also interested in a part exchange for them both.

As in the legal kind i assume lol? If so, where can i get that done Scott, would it be something Dude could do, as i'm heading over to him next month? I was going to put them up on Ebay and link it too the Forum, as i've had so many people PM me about these, its the only "fair" way i can think of. From looking at the MVP thread, mine are series 2 which come out @ £280 for Tacho, £155 for Speedo, minus shipping from the states.

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

Yes, but i'm not considering selling or Px'ng mine until i know exactly what i need to get to get mine sorted. So if any of the interested parties who keep PM'ng me about selling my TRD's wishes to clear this matter up for me so i can move forward then by all means, speak up. What i need to know, is how i transfer my mileage over.....legally !! :D

Yes, but i'm not considering selling or Px'ng mine until i know exactly what i need to get to get mine sorted. So if any of the interested parties who keep PM'ng me about selling my TRD's wishes to clear this matter up for me so i can move forward then by all means, speak up. What i need to know, is how i transfer my mileage over.....legally !! :D

get the auto trader and on back page there is miles correction people..

it should be easy as its anologue as opposed to digital..