The mkiv Supra Owners Club

to keep the spoiler or to completely de spoiler the supra??

bobbywarne1983

Good Afternoon ppls, its not really a dilema but im weighing up the options as to whether i should keep the spoiler or to completely take it off and have a spoiler less car.

Whats your take on spoilerless supras??

Does anyone drive a supra with no spoiler on it, does it drive any differently??

I currently have a sard rear kevlar rear wing.

If i got a good enough offer for the spoiler i would consider selling it.

heres the thread i put up when i first joined with some pics of it from the front and rear..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?230439-Bought-my-first-Supra-today

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of both. Sometimes the spoiler can look ostentatious, other times it just suits so well.

Not long ago some members were posting that they were indeed getting a squirrely, unsettled feel at the back when spoilerless and I've read that the spoiler starts having a real effect at post 120 mph.

Looking at ADD's car I like the lack of spoiler again. Lovely car ADD. :thumbs:

The spoiler was an option if the car was bought from new if I recall, I agree with the handeling in that it hasn't IMHO changed much if any.

I have the trial rear fitted now and finishes the rear of the car a treat.

I thought the spoiler came with the car as standard..

got fed up of my stock one ,all the chave cars where i live had them , didnt quite like spoilerless although on some it does look sleek , so went with the oem low one , ok some might not like it but that goes for most things

Which one is that mate...any pics!?

There are very few Supras in my area...just Geo and myself!!! So no problems there!:D:d:d

Thats what you think, trust me sooner or later you will be caught out.

for some reason Mr T did expend money on the spoiler, and i don't think it was for the looks only.

So all those MASSIVE bhp supras in the states with no spoilers are crashing all the time yeah? no... i'm afraid they're not.

I love the spoilerless look, best decision i've made with my car by a long shot, i do think the lip i have makes a nice differance too though. I like the stock spoiler as well, either would look nice on your car.

and as a bearer of some bad news... i regognised your car from barryboys - http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34292

So all those MASSIVE bhp supras in the states with no spoilers are crashing all the time yeah? no... i'm afraid they're not.

I love the spoilerless look, best decision i've made with my car by a long shot, i do think the lip i have makes a nice differance too though. I like the stock spoiler as well, either would look nice on your car.

and as a bearer of some bad news... i regognised your car from barryboys - http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=34292

haha thats brilliant but least it wasnt as bad as the civic i guess, im suprised he didnt shoot me down as i waxed it in the rain the day before and there was streaks all over it.