The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra engine mileage

formatzero

I will go by the 9,000 multiplied by the number of years since it's productions. So for a 17 year old Supra, 153,000 miles.

What is your mileage out of curiosity?

It had 77,500 when I got it :)

It's now got 78,250 (I think).

It had been singled for a couple of years (to about 520bhp) and used on trackdays but I've got all the receipts for all work bignum carried out on it and the car/engine has been serviced very well :)

Wouldn't bother me. People seem to be forgetting how old these cars are. I know loads of 4 year old cars with over 100k. Mine has done 157 genuine miles and is sweet as a nut.

Half the imports are probably clocked anyway ;)

True dat. Never, ever trust a cars indicated mileage, unless its backed up with documented proof.

If you are talking about the car as a whole the mileage would be virtually irrelevant. Given it's now a fairly old car I would judge it pretty much solely on body condition as a long term ownership proposition. Mechanical repairs are now becoming relatively incidental to putting right rusty shells, or those with body kits that need retrospective repair work to undo the damage that's already been done by half hearted add ons of very dubious quality, and, or bad workmanship. For every car I see nowadays possibly half are totally *uggered by ham fisted fitted, or basically from the mould ill conceived, body kits that ruin a basically classic car in the making. For those in possession of a fresh, unmolested import I would suggest standing back and thinking of how the future value of their car is best served, assuming money has some significance in the car's future.

Most imports are clocked anyway. Mine has 130k on the clock and a certificate to say what the click said when it left japan....but who is to say it wasn't clocked before it got to the place that keeps the record. I don't trust any import milage, more about the condition of the car and who it has been looked after, and I know mine is all good :)

As said, mileage is irrelevant if the service history is there(itemised, not just stamps). There's a black UK spec auto local to me with well over 200k miles, and it's probably one of the cleanest Supras in the country. It belongs to the (now ex) head salesman of our local Toyota dealership, it's been valeted EVERY weekend (pretty much) since new in 1996, and has never wanted for anything. I'd buy that over any other UK spec, regardless of mileage. The chap also has a rather nice Ultima GTR :cool: